Used market drying up?

thestorysold

Reaction score
$2 a drum- that's incredible haha.

I am in the same boat (only a lot less monitors), but I work from home and am constantly checking for deals. I've gotten a couple of good ones, but missed out on some really good ones by one person.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you click on your city, which should be on the left side of the page under 'filters' you can change the distance.

View attachment 454847

Unfortunately no matter what choices I made for City, State, type of search, etc.....the only distance choices in the drop down menu end at 100 miles. Been on FB for 2 yrs now and that hasn't changed. I do not see anything that says " filters" though. Just..... Location, Sort By, and Categories. If there's a "new" FB Marketplace site with additional mileage choices, I haven't figured out how to get there. When I google "Facebook marketplace" it always takes me back to that same page.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had plenty of incredible pickups lately as well. How bout this beautiful champagne sparkle '67 superclassic for $9.50? And that was at an on-line auction, where someone was bidding against me and tapped out at $9!
Against my better judgement, I'll offer you 20 bucks, but that's it! :p

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are moving from Craigslist to Facebook Marketplace. Here in the No. Virginia/Washington DC/Baltimore market it's a veritable gold mine for anything drum related on FB Marketplace, but the occasional nugget will pop up on Craigslist.
I agree - have sold a lot of gear and other stuff on FB that just sat for weeks on CL.

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend just received over twelve thousand dollars from pandemic assistance because it had taken a long time it to go thru. Just a fact, please no commentary or analysis.
I rather suspect similar experiences are making this a seller's market for now.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually surprised more gear is not coming on the market . A lot of musicians out of work , no gigs . I assumed more musicians would be selling extra gear to make ends meet .
I am really not in the market personally as I did my purge about a year ago and got to just gear I actually do gigs with now .

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm seeing some pretty good deals on FB now that I'm looking there. Mexico made Pacific CX in 10,12, 14, 22. $350...I'd do it if I needed it.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually surprised more gear is not coming on the market . A lot of musicians out of work , no gigs . I assumed more musicians would be selling extra gear to make ends meet .
I am really not in the market personally as I did my purge about a year ago and got to just gear I actually do gigs with now .
This kind of confirms the vast majority of gear is owned and played by people who don't depend on playing for a living. Stimulus and unemployment money must be holding people over too.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not too dry here in L.A. I've found a great number of items I'd be willing to buy. I just don't need them and/or don't have the room for them.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the flip side is, yeah, musicians are out of work, so there is no need to buy equipment.

Jazzcrimes

Reaction score
Interesting comments.

My experience lately is many people are listing items for top $ with no real need to sell, but they would if they got that price. It makes it very difficult to determine who really wants to sell vs those that would sell only if they find that 1 guy (or collector) who will pay a 20% markup.

I do acknowledge, with shipping prices so high, geographical area might really affect people’s perception of the used market right now. I have seen some good deals halfway across the country as “pickup only”.