Using an INDe mount for a cymbal arm (pics)

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Using an INDe mount for a cymbal arm. No drilling necessary, sliding grooves enables it to fit a wide variety of hole spacing.
Finding a modern part that fits Camco is tricky because they have a wierd hold spacing, but this works great.

Very solid because it incorporates both a large wing bolt and a memory clamp. Reasonably priced, too!
I'm using a modern Gretsch arm with it.

Attachments

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Did the mount come with the wing nut or was that extra in cost?
I use one for my ride tom but it just has 2 drum key screws.
Other than that,its great!
I do wish the wing nut came with my mount,using a key is a hassle.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did the mount come with the wing nut or was that extra in cost?
I use one for my ride tom but it just has 2 drum key screws.
Other than that,its great!
I do wish the wing nut came with my mount,using a key is a hassle.
Mine came with the huge wing nut, in addition to the two drum key screws for fine tuning.
The memory lock also takes 2 drum key screws.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Our mounts are different,mine is a BR3.
Wish this had a wing nut.
Maybe Josh has something or I'll make one! Lol
15908932028702923936147558900236.jpg

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
As im writing to inde.
I flash on JB Weld squirt into a drum key,slam it on the end of the screw head!
Done! Lol
Smooth like Ex-Lax!

Last edited:

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
He makes the brackets in both wing-nut and key-screw versions, you select the one you want on the Inde site.

JimmySticks

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear on this, this mount will replace your existing mount no matter the spacing of the bolts? It will fit no matter what mount you have? Is it the BR2 model?

My kit has a straight arm, but it's not very solid because the arm barely gets past the locking wing nut and into the shell, so it's top heavy with a ride cymbal on it. It's barely long enough, but straight arms are not at all easy to find, so that's why this mount and an L arm look good to me.

Here is a pic of what I have -

IMG_20200530_225909921.jpg

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that looks like a disappearing arm rather than an L arm. The INDe might not work in that case because it looks like the holes are aligned differently than for an L arm. An L arm will be held by two nuts that are aligned front to back.

JimmySticks

Reaction score
Hmm, that looks like a disappearing arm rather than an L arm. The INDe might not work in that case because it looks like the holes are aligned differently than for an L arm. An L arm will be held by two nuts that are aligned front to back.
I'm sorry, was this post referring to my post?

I'm looking to get rid of the straight arm and go to an L arm, so this INDe mount looks good.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ri
I'm sorry, was this post referring to my post?

I'm looking to get rid of the straight arm and go to an L arm, so this INDe mount looks good.
Yes but with the specific instance you have, you will have to drill at least one new hole for the Inde to replace the current bracket, and at least one old hole will be left visible.

JimmySticks

Reaction score
Ri

Yes but with the specific instance you have, you will have to drill at least one new hole for the Inde to replace the current bracket, and at least one old hole will be left visible.
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, that won't do. I really don't want any holes showing or having to drill. I think if I could just find a straight arm with a few more inches so I could get it deeper into the mount, I would be fine. But as I said, straight arms are very rare for some reason.

Thanks again!

ThomasL

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, that won't do. I really don't want any holes showing or having to drill. I think if I could just find a straight arm with a few more inches so I could get it deeper into the mount, I would be fine. But as I said, straight arms are very rare for some reason.

Thanks again!
What's the diameter of your straight arm? If it's the same as any L rod cymbal arm, you could use a straight rod and then the upper part from the l rod arm.

JimmySticks

Reaction score
What's the diameter of your straight arm? If it's the same as any L rod cymbal arm, you could use a straight rod and then the upper part from the l rod arm.
Yeah, that could work! Great suggestion! :)

I'll have to check the diameter when I get home.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread!

Latest posts