header.nohb.html

UV1s G1s

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found out yesterday a local OKC guy helped develop the UV1 and 2s , told me he was the one who named them ….

Shovel&Pale

Reaction score
I now won't use anything but a UV1 on snare. Have had the same one on for well over a year and there's a couple of black marks on it.

Also running a UV1 Emad on my 18" Sonor AQX with the narrow ring, an Evans Inked reso, no muffling and the following item:

attached to the the tom mount inside with a Shure PG52 screwed directly to it. Perfect punchy sound.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
The logos on the tom heads need to be at top of drum preferably in line with the badges. How do you even sleep at night?

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Loved the UV1's for years. I loved them top and bottom but they sound awesome as mentioned previously. I love coated ambassador top and bottom as well. Can't go wrong with either one.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The logos on the tom heads need to be at top of drum preferably in line with the badges. How do you even sleep at night?
No badge on the 12 “ and the logo does line up with the 13” , It’s the RIMS mounts that I need to move around .

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
I have the UV2 on my Gretsch NC kit and love them! I am thinking about swapping out the head on the 10" tom for a UV1. This thread is great info.......

MustangMick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Haha...... I line the drumhead logos up with the tom mount, or on the far side of floor toms.
Speeds setup for an older guy like me.

Mick