Valley Drum Shop snare drums(post yours!)

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
Anyone own one of these? I just got one in a trade, and it’s a great sounding player’s drum. Very sharp edges, mine has Yamaha lugs and a Pearl Gladstone style strainer.

Attachments

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Those look like the lugs off of early Yamaha RC snares. Wonder if they are?

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Valley Drum Shop snare, but I used to shop there back in the early 90's.
I had them (Bill Detamore) re-edge my Ludwig Coliseum snare and the edges are still razor sharp.
*there were spots on both edges that looked like they missed the router, just flat in spots and I dont think there was a snare bed.
I loved going in there, great shop.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I visited Valley Drum Shop only once or twice and remember seeing their custom snare drums on display. There were small ads in Modern Drummer Magazine years ago. Here's one of them that I scanned.

-Mark

Attachments

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought one from them waaaay back. I had it for years. For the life of me I can't remember what became of it.

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
I bought one from Ron back in the day and really did use it a lot for many years. After it fell out of favor, for many years of pretty much only getting used when I needed something tuned way, way down. About 8 years ago I was toying around with some drum refinishing - and as the Valley drum was looking more than a bit beat up, I decided to give it a go. I figured if it turned out bad - it would still be an appropriate look for it's low, fat, funky thing I had relegated to.

But it actually turned out pretty cool looking (at least, I liked it) - inspiring me to tune it up and giving it more of a go. Still don't use it all the time - but it is still a solid sounding drum (like it always was)

DSC04148.jpg
DSC04150.jpg
DSC04151.jpg
DSC04151.jpg