Value of Downbeat snare

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
What would be the value of a blue sparkle Ludwig downbeat snare? 4x14. Great condition, except needs a new throw off (can be easily replaced).

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those P84's don't run cheap and originals are hard to come by. I see on now for $125. The complete drum should be about $350-500, possibly more for a blue Ludwig fan.

Iristone

Reaction score
Is the throw-off completely beat up or still working? All I see in the 2020 market, full working ones seem to command top, top dollars. :scratch:

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
The throw off is there, but something is going on where it’s not bringing the snare wires up.
Can you post a picture of the throw off? Folks might be able to help/advise better.

I’d also be interested if you decide to sell. I’d re-wrap(most likely...not positive)as I don’t have a blue sparkle kit. Thanks in advance.

MichaelV

Reaction score
What would be the value of a blue sparkle Ludwig downbeat snare? 4x14. Great condition, except needs a new throw off (can be easily replaced).
I have one in pretty decent shape that I paid $300 for in the blue sparkle, have one in Burgundy sparkle, pretty rare wrap, that I paid $425 and one in WMP that I traded for a 69’ WMP pioneer. I’d offer $275 if the throw is wonky. That does tend to happen to that style throw. I wouldn’t pay much more than $325 if it’s a “I gotta have this”

Latest posts