header.nohb.html

Vented bass drum Reso head- without DW logo?

zulusound

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a vented (not ported) BD Reso head like this DW, that doesn't have a logo? I don't want a big hole in my Reso head- just some venting for less bounce back. I can't find anything like it in other brands on searches.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DW vented head.jpg
    DW vented head.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a vented (not ported) BD Reso head like this DW that doesn't have a logo? I don't want a big hole in my Reso head- just some venting for less bounce back. I can't find anything like it in other brands on searches.

Thanks!
I’ve never done it but some people use some kind of hole puncher to do it(if you didn’t already know that)

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a black DW 18" bass drum head with a white logo. I don't think it has the vents because it's a little bit older. However, if the black is glossy, and not coated, you should easily be able to get some nail polish remover and the logo will disappear quite quickly.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve made heads like this with a car cigarette lighter. The heat fuses the edges and keeps it from splitting. Worked really well!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

zulusound

Reaction score
I’ve never done it but some people use some kind of hole puncher to do it(if you didn’t already know that)
Used my Google:

Yeah- tried to find one in a 24, couldn't.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a hole punch that you use for making leather belts. I had to do it to an 18" head that was the Reso for a 12x18" Broadkaster kick. The bounceback prior to making the holes made it almost unplayable and I did not want to cut a 4" port on it. I purchased it at Harbor Freight.

zulusound

Reaction score
I use a hole punch that you use for making leather belts. I had to do it to an 18" head that was the Reso for a 12x18" Broadkaster kick. The bounceback prior to making the holes made it almost unplayable and I did not want to cut a 4" port on it. I purchased it at Harbor Freight.
Does that work, going around the hoop of the head?

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OR, you could get a brass tube the diameter of the holes you want, sharpen one end and use it with a hammer to punch holes around the head.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
This is what I used. Just make you have the head on something very solid to get a good clean hole. I did mine on the floor of the garage. Wood is not recommended
E781F7E9-1BD7-480B-936F-195B71FF84FF.png

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
He doesn’t have a DW head , they are the company that does those perimeter holes that he wants ..
Get a head and remove the logo then.

Or make them yourself with a hot needle or a small to micro philips screwdriver.

Have doing that on my bass drum heads and snare heads for a long time now.

1663919048532.jpeg

I got the idea of Russ Miller when I got one of his heads:
1663919083112.jpeg