Very eye opening .

Houndog

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’ve seen 2 Zoro clinics and attended a masterclass . I think his teqnique is absolutely flawless it looks so perfect and relaxed . If you don’t care for preachiness scroll to 10:25 .
This concept has perhaps opened my eyes more than anything yet on drums …

He didn’t talk about this approach to drumming in his clinics I saw .

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen 2 Zoro clinics and attended a masterclass . I think his teqnique is absolutely flawless it looks so perfect and relaxed . If you don’t care for preachiness scroll to 10:25 .
This concept has perhaps opened my eyes more than anything yet on drums …

He didn’t talk about this approach to drumming in his clinics I saw .

I went to one of his clinics. His BD beater is my favorite.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'd never heard of the guy but he's a good comunicator, preachyness aside.
He's got a pretty impressive resume. And everyone seems to love his bass drum beater...but I just can't wrap my head around a non-round beater.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He's got a pretty impressive resume. And everyone seems to love his bass drum beater...but I just can't wrap my head around a non-round beater.
Well my BD pedal (DW 3000) has a protrusion in the casting that keeps it from moving too close from the head so my beater hits when the shaft is a bit past vertical. This doesn't affect sound as my beater is rounded, but it probably wouldn't be great with a flat beater. But I'be curious to try. Experimenting with a different pedal/beater is on my to-do list.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'd never heard of the guy but he's a good comunicator, preachyness aside.
The "Minister of Funk"
He was the Schizzle back in the day and obviously still has the major Funk.
This was the book to get:
1634228754047.png

Last edited: