Very nice Ludwig Citrus Mod set on The Bay

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's a lot of dough for that kit. I hope he gets it. I don't understand the rationale of adding $1,500 to the high bid from last week. Well he's entitled to ask any number he wants. The kit looks to be in pretty darn fine shape to me. How much better could it be.

Chunkaway

DFO Master
Reaction score
There has been a near perfect Mod Orange kit listed on eBay by Donn Bennett for $6k with nary a sniff. It will be interesting to see if this kit sells for $5k. I was thinking $4k would be the highest he would get, but we shall see.

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Amazing. 25 people or so bid on the kit. It gets to around $3,500. No sale. Re list it and raise the price to $5,000. Is he talking to the Post Office? People haven't been using them a lot because you can pay bills and send emails across the net. So what do they do? Raise the price. Yeah, that will make people want to use them more.

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score

sazemanek1 said:
Amazing. 25 people or so bid on the kit. It gets to around $3,500. No sale. Re list it and raise the price to $5,000. Is he talking to the Post Office? People haven't been using them a lot because you can pay bills and send emails across the net. So what do they do? Raise the price. Yeah, that will make people want to use them more.

Not to get off topic but money orders are a necessity in several cases and those flat rate boxes are a pretty good deal. Plus they pick up from your house for free with a day's notice. As cool as it would be say so, I'm not done with the PO yet.

All that stated. It's not uncommon for people to use eBay to advertise to a global audience. If anyone is interested, make an offer. Worst he can do is say "go jump in my lake."

Reaction score
Chunkaway said:
There has been a near perfect Mod Orange kit listed on eBay by Donn Bennett for $6k with nary a sniff. It will be interesting to see if this kit sells for $5k. I was thinking $4k would be the highest he would get, but we shall see.
Not so near imo. I used to own part of it.

anthonyfossaluzza

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the mod orange isn't perfect, the bass drum has holes and the purple is faded on many of the drums, but it does have a jazz fest!

Iwan

Reaction score
Listing has ended!
I wonder if he got his 5k or maybe he will relist it with a lower buy now :p

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
anthonyfossaluzza said:
the mod orange isn't perfect, the bass drum has holes and the purple is faded on many of the drums, but it does have a jazz fest!
That does seem like a lot but I guess there is no harm in putting it out there with the hopes that someone may just have to have it.

My 1969 mod orange is faded but at least it's original, has the supra, an added 1968 14x14, a 1970 canister and a 1960's jazzfest recovered in original mod orange. I could never replicate this set! I would never in 100 life times find all of these pieces!

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
wflkurt said:
ah dave so those are your drums on the bay! they're doing pretty good. hey steambent, you should get inlays from jammin sams, they are a good match!
Great shot ! I would like to be fishing on that lake! i have sooooooooooooooooo much work to do do my drums. With a 12 year old that plays FB,BB and BB all we do is go to practice's and games when I am not working but I love it. I am luckey to have time to look for drums let loan work on them.
Anthony is right on... Even if you have no time to put the inlays in your bass drum hoops I think you should without a doubt order some of that wrap as once it's gone you will never find a replacement. That is a beauty of a set you have there!

Thanks for the advice guys!! Got the inlays. I have not installed yet but like you guys say it is close. On the hoops it will look fine.