Vic's Drum Shop closing but...

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s ok, not a huge selection of sticks or heads and he doesn’t have any sets on display, the store is much too small for that. It’s not really the destination place that Vic’s was, hopefully he will get a boost in sales from Vic’s closing.
Vic was all about having stock in the store, His stick wall was a good indication of that, he carried every model for all the top makers, his cymbal room as well was stuffed with every size and model. That had translate into huge $$$, something his investors were probably at odds with. When he left, the stock went way down to just the popular models.
The stock kept in Vic's store was similar to what Jim had at the Drum Pad. I remember an article in a trade mag about Jim and the title was "In Defense of Overhead." Different times, pre-internet mania. Vic didn't have, nor want, much of an on-line presence and I think that's where he and his investors broke apart. I'm not sure if they wanted him to be Sweetwater or Memphis Drum Shop, but it was the breaking point.

Freewill3

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drums are alive and doing well in our relatively new shop in Villa Park, IL
Mike’s Drum Shop
108 E St Charles Rd

Come by and say hello!
Mike's Shop is a great place and a good hang! Purchased the Gretsch silver series walnut snare, a cymbal bag and a few odds and ends. Check out their items on Reverb too!

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There was a music shop in Villa Park back in the 80's on St Charles. Are you in the same location?