(Video added) Sabian HH remastered 21” vintage ride for other 21”

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out that a mehmet nostalgia 50’s ride is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for.

Last edited:

richiegarcia4

Reaction score
That's funny. I was going to comment that this sounds a lot like my 70's nostalgia 21". I bought it because I wanted something brighter with more projection for outdoor acoustic gigs.

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
That's funny. I was going to comment that this sounds a lot like my 70's nostalgia 21". I bought it because I wanted something brighter with more projection for outdoor acoustic gigs.
It’s real close to my ideal sound but like you said, a little brighter than what I want. I’d like something a little dark that could be a one cymbal setup to go with some smaller drums I have and a three piece band. The legend dry series are great as well but unfortunately don’t come in a 21.

richiegarcia4

Reaction score
It’s real close to my ideal sound but like you said, a little brighter than what I want. I’d like something a little dark that could be a one cymbal setup to go with some smaller drums I have and a three piece band. The legend dry series are great as well but unfortunately don’t come in a 21.
What do you think of the Mel Lewis ride? I sold a 21" that I wish I had back. It's very close to the Nostalgia rides, but not as bright and little quieter.
BTW, I've heard the 70's is darker than the 50's, but I've never compared them side by side.

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
The Mel Lewis is great- I had a 20 that I almost wish I had back but I think a 20” ride is just a little too small at this point. That’s interesting, I actually just listened to the 70s and I guess they are a bit lower pitched. Those are great cymbals too

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
If you would consider a 20, I have an Avedis Reissue crash ride that NAILS the old school A vibe.