Video of my 1947 Ludwig and Ludwig 14x6.5 snare

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Both you and the snare sound good, nice looking drum also. Cool to see people using nice old drums, 1947 was a long time ago.

Black Label

Reaction score
Both you and the snare sound good, nice looking drum also. Cool to see people using nice old drums, 1947 was a long time ago.
Thanks Brian. It's amazing to think that that snare has survived 72 years and certainly has many stories to tell. That mysteriousness (sp??) is what makes vintage drums so appealing to me.

Black Label

Reaction score
That sounds very good indeed, awesome, I would have not really muffled it (as much?) though.
HI there. Thanks man. I had one piece of moongel (the Meinl one actually, forgot what it's called) on the head but have since taken it off. I also prefer the more open sound. But I think the fat rounded bearing edges also plays a part in the muffled sound.

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wasn't saying that it has a muffled sound, I know people have to use a bit of moon gel stuff for instance when recording or something, it really sounds sweet, I bet it sounds great without it too

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had one of these dated 1946. Didn't need any muffling. Sounded just wonderful with a coated ambassador over a standard 2-3 ml reso. They do come with a double pad muffler assembly.

Latest posts