Vinnie Appice

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had heard it was him on Derringer's Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo. Wikipedia said it was someone else but it sounds kinda like him. I saw him with Dio on the Sacred Heart tour with the dragon. Lol!

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Vinnie Appice and Bobby Rondinelli - two monster rock drummers. Two of my favorites.

Vinnie did a clinic for Tama way back when, me being a teen, thought he'd be playing a kit with all those toms mounted up on stands on both sides and behind.

Nope was a Tama Grand Star with the bottom heads off, 6 piece and Sabian cymbals. Front row and I thought that kit was going to vaporize! Guy beat the hell out of them.
He's may favorite of the brothers.
Now I need to meet Bobby!

langmick

Reaction score
I was listening to Last in Line one day and started to hear why Vinny was doing what he was doing, there was some extra sauce going on, with his ride pings instead of crashes and use of high toms to play around RJD's voice. He is a really musical player. Something I appreciate in his and Carmine's playing is how they respect note values and play with power and purpose. Listened to that solo on Live/Evil over and over.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
^^This! I don’t think many other drummers in this genre were playing like that at the time. He definitely made Dio and Black Sabbath swing, for lack of a better term.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That was awesome, thanks.
This one with B. R. is pretty good

If your into podcasts, Band Geek 31 is with Bobby.

Reactions: Hop

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why oh why would he use sawtooth drums???
Just watched his FB live show , he’s been playing Sawtooth for 8 years , he loves the drums and people at company a lot .
There is a special right now on a 6 piece kit for $559 . 24/12/13/16/18 and 14 snare .
That’s a killer deal ...