Vintage 18" 50s A Zildjian cymbal crash ride

andrewro

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Vintage 18" 50s A Zildjian cymbal crash ride

Here's a nice sounding 18" 50's era Zildjian cymbal. Works as a crash or maybe a light ride for a small combo. Pretty lathing, some waviness in the bow, a nice cymbal from the handcrafted era. Some old tape residue and a tiny keyhole. A couple of cracks you can see in the photo, one radiating from the bell hole, and the other along lathe lines in the bell. I've had the cymbal for around 5 years with no movement and no tonal issues from the cracks.

Weight is 1434g.

I have this on local CL for $100 obo. I get that the cracks may be an issue so let's agree on a reasonable offer and pick it up here in Athens. I don't want to ship if I can avoid it!

andrewro

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bump for a local Athens/Atlanta opportunity! I can't go crazy low like $50 but make an offer if you're nearby and let's see how it goes.

I think a jazz player would never ever have problems with the little cracks. I used it as a crash in a funky americana band with no issue.

andrewro

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One last bump for next week, played it on a couple of gigs this month... maybe the cracks dry it out a lil bit as a crash but it's solid and awesome!

If no interest, I'll keep it. Thanks DFO for the opportunity to advertise!