Vintage Bass Drum Spur UPGRADE!

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
197
Location
Western New York
Nice! I bet these would also be an improvement on the new Club Date line. I could be wrong but to me it seems like every photo of these new kits has the bass drum spurs angled inward, apparently from the brackets being mounted too high or the spurs not being long enough.
 

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
824
Reaction score
339
Location
Kalamazoo
cochlea said:
Nice! I bet these would also be an improvement on the new Club Date line. I could be wrong but to me it seems like every photo of these new kits has the bass drum spurs angled inward, apparently from the brackets being mounted too high or the spurs not being long enough.
Yes, they made sure to mount the brackets too high, just like the vintage ones!
 

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
696
Reaction score
49
Location
Central PA
Could be exactly what I need for my vintage Luddys! Thanks for taking the time to make a kit up for this.
 

mlayton

Night Creature
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
31,711
Reaction score
252
Those are nice! Should really work well.
 

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
824
Reaction score
339
Location
Kalamazoo
I just got in some photos from a customer who did this upgrade on their Slingerlands, along with an upgrade to the cymbal holder. This stuff just makes vintage drums so much more useable!
20170825_211513.jpg
20170825_211519.jpg
20170825_211557.jpg
 

FiddleStix

Active Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft Lauderdale
I just ordered a set of the vintage bass drum spurs this morning. I had reached out to you folks at Inde last week to find out if they would fit my '75 Slingerland bass drum. Collectively, we weren't 100% sure until I saw this thread and the Slingerland bass. I will be posting some picture of the swap out once I receive them.

Brian
 

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
824
Reaction score
339
Location
Kalamazoo
FiddleStix said:
I just ordered a set of the vintage bass drum spurs this morning. I had reached out to you folks at Inde last week to find out if they would fit my '75 Slingerland bass drum. Collectively, we weren't 100% sure until I saw this thread and the Slingerland bass. I will be posting some picture of the swap out once I receive them.

Brian
Hi Brian,
I just got a message from the owner of these slingerlands- he did have to drill one hole on each side to mount these. If that is not OK for you, please let me know and we can cancel your order!

-Josh
 

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
10,600
Reaction score
1,488
Ok, I have to measure the hole spacing on my SONOR because I hate the stock spurs. They move with the slightest pressure and have to be set perfectly or the drum wobbles. Frustrating on a gig when time is a factor. Do these have the same mounting bolt spread as the tom mounts? I need two more tom mounts as well (already have 6; 3 on two kits). Thanks!
 

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
824
Reaction score
339
Location
Kalamazoo
Topsy Turvy said:
Josh, do you know if these spurs will work on the new Ludwig Club Date series?
Yes, perfect fit, big improvement!

xsabers said:
Ok, I have to measure the hole spacing on my SONOR because I hate the stock spurs. They move with the slightest pressure and have to be set perfectly or the drum wobbles. Frustrating on a gig when time is a factor. Do these have the same mounting bolt spread as the tom mounts? I need two more tom mounts as well (already have 6; 3 on two kits). Thanks!
Yes, they are the same brackets as the tom mounts (except I reverse one so both wing nuts are on the top). They fit up to a 2" spread. Please let me know if they fit the Sonor drillings!
 

FiddleStix

Active Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft Lauderdale
Received my Inde Spurs today. They look and feel top notch. Trying some fitment ideas. as you can see, the original spur brackets are vertical. I can see how an additional hole is needed for a horizontal installation. I did notice that they could mount vertically using the existing holes on the bass drum, but the hardware that holds the spur would have to be rotated 90 degrees... not sure if this optimal for stability or sound, or doable at all.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:7682] [sharedmedia=gallery:images:7681] [sharedmedia=gallery:images:7686] [sharedmedia=gallery:images:7685]
 

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
824
Reaction score
339
Location
Kalamazoo
FiddleStix said:
Received my Inde Spurs today. They look and feel top notch. Trying some fitment ideas. as you can see, the original spur brackets are vertical. I can see how an additional hole is needed for a horizontal installation. I did notice that they could mount vertically using the existing holes on the bass drum, but the hardware that holds the spur would have to be rotated 90 degrees... not sure if this optimal for stability or sound, or doable at all.
You wouldn't be able to rotate the clamp 90 degrees without modification- the hole pattern is not "square".
 


Top