Vintage Camco set on eBay

W&A Player

DFO Master
Reaction score
If the "seller" has the drums, he or she could look at the damn badges to see OAKLAWN, Illinois as the manufacturing place. I see that the person selling the drums spelled the city name properly in the description. Certtainly, the listing title can be changed to correct the error. The mishmash of parts from other brands seems very odd. It's as if someone found three orphan shells, and threw some miscellaneous parts on them. All of the replacement parts are good. But, why would someone do that to a Camco set? $900 U.S. is way too much to pay for these.

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The shipping charges are over $650 to the USA. I may contact them to see if they can clarify a few things.

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
He is a new ebay member on Nov. 1st, with 0 feedback AND it is a wayyy more than attractive starting price. Sorry, doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not my sizes but they look like a pretty da mn nice finish..
I'd take the link down after a few enough comments (and try and contact. He says may not ship to US (? etc
Bass Drum 38 lbs. wtf is he putting a brick in it ; )
That's a long drive from Ky. ; ) and back..

DWHOARD

Reaction score
Did you message the guy? He could be listing his kit because he heard how valuable it was. Everybody starts at 0
Looks like a cool kit. Factory random hardware was everywhere in 1970

kb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've never heard that Camco Walnut finishes were stained on the inside, never seen it either.

Camco floor tom legs/brackets WERE subject to slipping.

Looks good to me....

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.. I will contact the seller; can't hurt.
I had heard that Camco kits with stains were stained the same color on the inside. Not true?

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a Frankenkit, but nothing turned up on a Google images search. What actually looked cool to me were the cases.

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.. I will contact the seller; can't hurt.
I had heard that Camco kits with stains were stained the same color on the inside. Not true?
Not that it matters now but no the interiors were not stained to match the exterior . A wrapped set would have had white painted interiors and a stained or lacquer exterior would have been natural on Oaklawn and Chanute eras . In the LA era the interiors were natural regardless of exterior finish .

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not that it matters now but no the interiors were not stained to match the exterior . A wrapped set would have had white painted interiors and a stained or lacquer exterior would have been natural on Oaklawn and Chanute eras . In the LA era the interiors were natural regardless of exterior finish .
OK, thanks- good to know. I don't know where I heard the insides were also stained, but I could swear it was here. I will keep my eyes open.

Last edited: