Vintage drum books pricing...Not sure...

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have many,many drum books ..most of which I bought at the Chicago Drum Shows over the years directly from Rob for full list price....Want to sell them..but not sure of pricing...1/2 of list price fair..or not?..Thanks...

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Afternoon! I don't know if "fair" is the right adjective (or is that a verb?). I think of it more as market value, like what are the books worth in the secondary market? I assume you have already looked at the sold listings on eBay, Reverb and maybe Amazon for reference? While the market is pretty thin for the subject matter, they still should draw a pretty good return on the cover price. I have NOT done any research on this subject, so my thoughts are worth exactly you you paid for them, but if they are in like new condition I might think 25% off the cover price.

And to make it feel more balanced against buying new (where so many sellers provide free shipping) you might offer free USPS Media Mail (one book should cost $3 to 4 dollars anywhere in the US) or the buyer can opt to pay for quick priority shipping in addition to the book.

Again, I have no idea so I'm actually just rambling but that's my first thoughts. I would love to see the list of what you have. I am always looking to fill in the holes in my own collection. I will be watching the boards for your post.

Good luck,
Ward

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, Media Mail is a bargain, available only through USPS. I, too, would like to see a list. You might do pretty well selling them here!

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Afternoon! I don't know if "fair" is the right adjective (or is that a verb?). I think of it more as market value, like what are the books worth in the secondary market? I assume you have already looked at the sold listings on eBay, Reverb and maybe Amazon for reference? While the market is pretty thin for the subject matter, they still should draw a pretty good return on the cover price. I have NOT done any research on this subject, so my thoughts are worth exactly you you paid for them, but if they are in like new condition I might think 25% off the cover price.

And to make it feel more balanced against buying new (where so many sellers provide free shipping) you might offer free USPS Media Mail (one book should cost $3 to 4 dollars anywhere in the US) or the buyer can opt to pay for quick priority shipping in addition to the book.

Again, I have no idea so I'm actually just rambling but that's my first thoughts. I would love to see the list of what you have. I am always looking to fill in the holes in my own collection. I will be watching the boards for your post.

Good luck,
Ward

Thanks....They are not like new..as I have had some for a long time..and used for reference...Some are better then others though...

hatandbeard

Reaction score
About to put all my hard cover drum books and soft cover drum books up for sale as well.
Was just thinking about this

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thx Sir for the PDF, but I have a copy and was more interested in a hard copy considering it was thought to be lost forever, then a hand full of copies were located around the world. The PDF floating around the web these days came from down under over a decade ago; and here is the story

Latest posts