header.nohb.html

Vintage Drum Shirts

Pancho12

Reaction score
I never got any drum shirts, or any other musical instrument shirts for that matter.
But over the years, I got a few shirts from Mexican, Central American and South American football (soccer) teams.
Sometimes the shirts serve as appropriate stagewear.
This is a good one for playing bass. If you can back it up with what comes out of your rig.
NIce! I actually collect football (soccer) jerseys too! I love the retro look of the beautiful game. There's a Mexican team called Chivas de Guadalajara that released a shirt in 1990 with an adidas and nissan as their partnership, and I've been searching forever for it and I can't find it:( It's the team my family has supported for 3 generations and I consider it my "holy grail" of football (soccer) shirts.

Pancho12

Reaction score
I have a collection of shirts over the years from Gretsch and Zildjian
More importantly, I worked for SHOWCO in the 70s and I still have 6 or 7 original tour shirts.
That's awesome! I've been looking for some 70s showco shirts since forever. I'm curious to know what tour shirts you have! Those shirts are souvenirs of music history.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gots a few. None really vintage though.

Attachments

• FEA062EA-1DDD-4612-8960-D20824EEF361.jpeg
    FEA062EA-1DDD-4612-8960-D20824EEF361.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 28

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I never got any drum shirts, or any other musical instrument shirts for that matter.
But over the years, I got a few shirts from Mexican, Central American and South American football (soccer) teams.
Sometimes the shirts serve as appropriate stagewear.
This is a good one for playing bass. If you can back it up with what comes out of your rig.
I've got lots of 'futbol' jerseys! Best stage-wear ever. Keeps me nice & dry. Here's a few for fun, Morocco, Cameroon & a few of my Barcelona shirts. The other pic is of my oldest (and grungiest) drum related tee. Evans were giving these away with a vintage series coated head 15 years ago now & It's still holding up.
IMG_4133.jpg
IMG_4134.jpg

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What about drum show shirts? Does that count. I have this one from CA Where Robert from A drummers Tradition introduced me to Mr. Vickers, aka "Bud E. Luv." We left the show to his home where I saw his massive Rogers drum collection. Had a great time...bought a shirt. Somewhere here I have the Chi show year that had a Rogers eagle badge on it. Wonder where that is?...

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 18

FlowTom

Reaction score
Pancho, I haven't looked for football shirts for a while but last time I checked, there were a lot of Chivas shirts on eBay.
Perhaps not with the year and partner emblems you want. Seemed like most had Puma logos.

bubo

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love vintage drums and vintage clothes. Last year I stumbled on two vintage 70s Ludwig shirts! I absolutely love them! If you have vintage drum shirts, share them! I only have a picture of one but I'll try to get a picture of my other shirt soon. I wanna see your old drum shirts!

View attachment 583154

"Last year I stumbled on two vintage 70s Ludwig shirts!"

Wonder why the most important question did not come up yet:

What do they sound like?

:walk:

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
Probably not vintage. I recently found this at a re-sale shop. I haven't been able to find similar logos on the web. Anyone familiar?

Dave

Attachments

• P1030528.JPG
    P1030528.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 23

Pancho12

Reaction score
All are from 72 and 73....
Beach Boys
Alice Cooper
ZZ Top
Jesus Christ Superstar
Led Zeppelin (2)
If you ever decide to get rid of one of those Zeppelin shirts, please let me know! :0

Pancho12

Reaction score
Probably not vintage. I recently found this at a re-sale shop. I haven't been able to find similar logos on the web. Anyone familiar?
I

Dave
haven’t seen one like that, the age ones really cool!

Furious Styles

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had that shirt back in the day. Also had a black satin Pearl jacket with sleeves typically rolled up past my elbows. :lol:

VintageUSA

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you ever decide to get rid of one of those Zeppelin shirts, please let me know! :0
Both LZ shirts are from the 1973 tour.
Last year there was a guy in Kansas City offering $2,000 for each shirt; he was looking for shirts in "like new" condition.
I doubt those exist.
At SHOWCO, our shirts were actually an item of work uniform and were worn often.....and roadie work ain't easy.
They will be 50 years old next year and I can promise they are not "like new".

IVER

Reaction score
I love vintage drums and vintage clothes. Last year I stumbled on two vintage 70s Ludwig shirts! I absolutely love them! If you have vintage drum shirts, share them! I only have a picture of one but I'll try to get a picture of my other shirt soon. I wanna see your old drum shirts!

View attachment 583154
The shirts I'd like to see are not the drum-maker shirts, but the shirts of old independent drum shops, 95% of which are no longer around (bigger is not necessarily better). Wish I still had a few of those!