Vintage Duco (two tone paint) kit wanted in very good original shape ( I can dream yes? ;-) )

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello DF folks
I've been on the hunt for a nice duco kit for a LONG time and everyone I've found is suffering from the hands of time aka massive paint chipping, spider webbing, and added extra holes, parts, etc
If anyone has one in EXCELLENT original shape they've been thinking of letting go, please PM me.
I'm not set on any 2 colors but the blue/silver black/gold seems to be most plentiful and also not set on any brand though I would prefer a 50s WFL kit.
It's all about the shape of the exterior for this kit. Any thoughts, leads, appreciated and I've got my eye on one now but I figured why not ask here?
Thanks all.

Last edited:

dan1434

Reaction score
after years looking myself i collected the correct orphans stripped em all and matched the vintage paint perfectly and compiled my own....slingerlands!

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I actually just scored this. Many thanks to Chris Hawthorne & Hawthrone Drum Shop out of PA.
I've had the WFL snare for years boxed up.
An orphan no more!
This is no doubt the cleanest duco kit I've ever seen.
Not perfect but VERY nice with as minimal paint chipping as I've seen for these old kits.
and this kit's going to GET GIGGED!
So YES, I'm still down for another exceptional duco kit if anyone has an original kit in as fine as shape as this one.
(Just not blue/silver)
Thanks!

Attachments

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Hey Mark,

Chuck Scalia had a super clean, green/gold Clubdate Duco kit at last years Chicago Show. I drooled over that kit the whole show, as his booth was right across from our booth (Jenkins-Martin). We’re both in the same spots this year, so I’ll see if he brings it again, or at least ask if he still has it. Check this video, a little after the 5:00 mark.

Latest posts