Vintage Ludwig 1970's Acrolite Snare Drum

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is in excellent vintage condition.
It is coming from my personal collection of snare drums.
I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

The reason I am selling this is that I have two of them and I need to make room for some new additions.

Price is $350 plus $20 shipping

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

Last edited:

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Very nice! If I didn't have 2 already (1968 KS Badge and 1976 B/O Badge) I would be all over this. Very fair price on a great drum.

komodobob

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to be in exceptional condition. GLWS

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken, nice specimen. Are those scratches or dings on the muffler panel to the right and the butt plate panel to the right?

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very clean although I see a scratched badge and a few other scuff/scratches on the shell, muffler panel. You did say mint right?
When you look at the badge straight on you do not see these. I used a very high quality camera and very closeup that will pick up the slightest blemish..even beyond what the eye will normally see unless you looked for something. When I saw the pic I went back to look at the snare and put my eye again the badge and there were a few hairline marks but from 3 feet aware these are imperceptible. Not trying to mislead anyone.
I never noticed the mark on the badge until I saw the picture.

There is one small scratch on the muffler panel which I took a closeup of.

Possibly I should not have described as mint but the snare is almost 50 years old and I took this vintage condition into consideration