Vintage Ludwig Coliseum

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You can hear why I like this drum so much!

Last edited:

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That Ludwig snare sounds damn nice and looks great.............

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks.
Its sweet and a joy to play.
I had to have one after I found out that one of my heroes..Billy Higgins played one ..
Its my go to the grave snare

Good for bicep workouts as well

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks and sounds awesome! They are probably one of my favorite snares.

Reaction score
Looks great and sounds great buddy, glad you didn't go with chrome over wood. As I have previously mentioned I LOVE 8" deep wood drums for jazz, the snares off sound is soooooo much better. Al, Higgins, Jack, later Elvin (and many more....) They all can't be wrong.

MSG

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks great and sounds great buddy, glad you didn't go with chrome over wood. As I have previously mentioned I LOVE 8" deep wood drums for jazz, the snares off sound is soooooo much better. Al, Higgins, Jack, later Elvin (and many more....) They all can't be wrong.

MSG
Yeah baby. You got that right.
The FEEL is also great too.
I love my gretsch snares as well! Totally different sound and feel

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

MSG
You have a 14x8 RC and a gretsch right?

Reaction score
8x14 Yamaha Recording Custom that I got from Elliot Zigmund (he had it for a long time and loved it,) and a 8x14 Yellow Eames (they are just about the same drums, I keep the Eames set up for rock and with wooden hoops.) I have a Gretsch 6.5, and a "Custom" Gretsch 6x14 with wooden hoops, set up for rock too.) I also have a Tempus 8x14, and a WFL 8x15, but no, I don't have a Gretsch 8x14 no need for it. That's all of my 8's, I have other 6.5's and 7's (Radio King, N&C) all these drums are pictured below. It's strange I think I like 8's and 4's (with 6.5 as a close third) the best.

IMG_0872.JPG

MSG

Last edited:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Killer kit! I have a 12SSB/14RB/18SSB/14snRB BDP kit I am putting together with matching snare......but it's a few projects down the road......