Vintage Ludwig Supraphonic Snare 6 1/2 x 14

Pink69

Reaction score
Vintage Supraphonic 6 1/2 x 14, 10 lug snare, red muffler with baseball bat handle, Puresound wires, changed throw off, needs cleaning. Heavy shell that a magnet does not stick too. No dents, great sounding, plays and sounds as good as any other Supra at half the cost. Serial numbe 364975. Please ask all questions, no shipping outside of the Continental USA. $450.00 shipped.

Attachments

Last edited:

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Vintage Supraphonic 6 1/2 x 14, 10 lug snare, red muffler with baseball bat handle, Puresound wires, changed throw off, needs cleaning. Heavy shell that a magnet does not stick too, maybe a brass shell shell? No dents, great sounding, plays and sounds as good as any other Supra at half the cost. Serial numbe 364975. Please ask all questions, no shipping outside of the Continental USA. $450.00 shipped.
Magnets don't stick to any supras. They're either aluminum or brass. Based on the pitting and the badge, this drum is almost certainly aluminum.

Billster

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking closely at the photos, this drum was originally a Super Sensitive, as evidenced by the open holes in the shell where the strainer rod was previously located, and both interior backing plates from the Super Sensitive mechanism are still present. And if you look closely at these open holes you will see the shell is definitely aluminum (Ludalloy).
Both the throw off and butt end do not appear to be Ludwig. Good luck with the sale.

Billster

Last edited:

Pink69

Reaction score
Thanks I didn’t realize that it might be a SS. Either way it is a great sounding drum. Please ask all questions, I believe in full disclosure on everything I am selling.