Vintage Paiste 602 Prices

mc437

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just picked up a pre-serial 14” hi hat top weighing 830 grams for $85, which seems like a pretty good deal to me. I’m curious if the reissues have affected the value of vintage ones. I realize everything is down right now, but I’d like to know if the flooding of the market with reissues has affected pre-serial prices.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's luck. Or times when' there's No luck..
Sometimes Used "finds" are sold by people new or unaware..

for instance this seller discovered what this item is worth and might be taking heart pills at the moment..

started at $150
sometimes sellers are unawares ...own shops that varietty of items come in
and Yes we love them.

Check that seller's other items. Includes a cuckoo-clock..
(no shame in a cuckoo clock-it came in with the Leedy snare ; )

God bless small busnisesses

Last edited:

mc437

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes to all of that. Wondering, specifically, if the rerelease of 602s has affected market value of the pre-serial ones.

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
Depends upon the cymbal. Any blue label in a rare size or weight should fetch more, but probably not as much if there were no reissues to compete with them. Frankly, I think the reissues are superior to most of the pre serial stuff. There are some black labels and blue labels worth the bucks. Paiste needs only to produce a few more 602's to fill in the gaps in that line, imo. (18 flat, 22 flat, 13 hats, 21 heavy, 22 PT, 22M, maybe a 21 med ride)

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
You can still find good deals on vintage 602's, they're around if you look, I'd never pay retail on a re issue that's for damn sure! I see prices all over the place as with all new and used gear, a lot of optimiostic Fisherman out there.
My short answer would be no.
Dig this.

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check that seller's other items. Includes a cuckoo-clock..
(no shame in a cuckoo clock-it came in with the Leedy snare ; )

God bless small busnisesses
They have an old Ludwig 26” up right now... and I am loving that front bass drum head treatment!

E7C8E84A-E56A-4B05-8D45-34C8B12F8D39.png

Reaction score
Depends upon the cymbal. Any blue label in a rare size or weight should fetch more, but probably not as much if there were no reissues to compete with them. Frankly, I think the reissues are superior to most of the pre serial stuff. There are some black labels and blue labels worth the bucks. Paiste needs only to produce a few more 602's to fill in the gaps in that line, imo. (18 flat, 22 flat, 13 hats, 21 heavy, 22 PT, 22M, maybe a 21 med ride)
Hi Vinny, I just got hold of this paiste 101 old blue label...I just wanted a different sound option and to be honest I love the sound of it...I'm in the UK and the amount of blue and black labels I've seen on selling sites recently is crazy...may have something to do with Covid... but yeah I dig the dirty raw nickel silver sound and the wash is brilliant... but cymbal buying is addictive

Attachments

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think this Prototype 20” flat ride is a 602?

The seller has had it for 10 years and thinks it could be because it came with some tiny nicks in the finish from Paiste and therefore didn’t make the cut for them to sell it as an expensive 602 and they sold it as a Prototype instead -