Vintage Rogers, need a valuation and some advice...

wheelgun357

Reaction score
Hello everyone.... it’s been a long time since I was here,,, so anyway.i quit playing and collecting around 2005, I sold off all the drum stuff I had and kept one set which has been sitting sealed away in flight cases since 2005, I have just brought them back out as I’m getting the bug to play again... I was wondering out of curiosity what my set would be worth today. So here goes,,,, the set is a Rogers Holiday 22\13\16\16 with matching 5x14 Tower and a 5x14 Dyna..... the 22-13-16-16 Are late Dayton early Fullerton and are silver sparkle ... I added the 5x14 flat gray interior Cleveland Tower because it matched the color perfectly and kept a perfect set of hardware including a solid footboard high hat and bass pedal, 3 Sampson straight double braced stands with bolt on tilters. And 2 Rogers memriloc boom cymbals stands with the blue counterweights, also kept a stick tray, a knobby cowbell clamp on mount, Also the bass drum is a celebrity setup ala Buddy Rich, so it has the Tom mount at the 11 o’clock with the splash mount and ride mounted knobbys both L arms... So what would my set be worth nowadays..

Last edited:

el_37

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is the Dynasonic wood or metal? Don't be surprised if the drums are worth less now than they were 15 years ago- the vintage market took a massive hit post 2009.

Deafmoon

Reaction score
I believe Dayton era are still of more value than Fullerton. 7 line Metal Dynasonic? I don’t know. I was never a fan of Dynos. They just never cut the mustard live for me. I bailed on one I had years and years ago. Did like the cob powertones though. They cut.

Davo

Reaction score
I believe Dayton era are still of more value than Fullerton. 7 line Metal Dynasonic? I don’t know. I was never a fan of Dynos. They just never cut the mustard live for me. I bailed on one I had years and years ago. Did like the cob powertones though. They cut.
Dayton is somewhat more collectable so you can get a bit more probably . It's funny that Fullertons can be found so cheap . They're still really great drums . About the only diff is the cast collet noses and hex FT leg knobby mounts . I actually like the Fullerton FT mounts better but the machined collet noses of the Ohio days were more durable and didn't suffer from the stress cracks that the Fullerton cast ones did over time or from what some might call , over tightening . The seven line snare will typically grab more money than the later five line snare in the same depth .

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dayton is somewhat more collectable so you can get a bit more probably . It's funny that Fullertons can be found so cheap . They're still really great drums . About the only diff is the cast collet noses and hex FT leg knobby mounts . I actually like the Fullerton FT mounts better but the machined collet noses of the Ohio days were more durable and didn't suffer from the stress cracks that the Fullerton cast ones did over time or from what some might call , over tightening . The seven line snare will typically grab more money than the later five line snare in the same depth .
- The Ohio made fittings were machined; the Fullerton cast and more prone to cracks.

wheelgun357

Reaction score
The whole set must of been made in Dayton The Fullerton Tags in the shells are the same as the Dayton tags... my set has the machined knobby and collets,, I’ve always assumed it was built in Dayton and warehoused at Fullerton or at least transferred to the inventory there and finished up... the silver glass is the same as dayton and Cleveland. The pewter gray color.... I’m still working on digging the whole set out of storage PODS. A floor Tom here a Tom there a snare here a bass there. LOL