Vintage Slingerland Bass drum: Seems a little strange to me.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah man.
Same double-ended lugs for everything in '65.

Just re-hab'd a stage band kit. Used a marching snare for a floor tom. All the lugs were exactly the same.

You should really post some pictures. I'm confused about what you're talking about.

Attachments

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah man.
Same double-ended lugs for everything in '65.

Just re-hab'd a stage band kit. Used a marching snare for a floor tom. All the lugs were exactly the same.

You should really post some pictures. I'm confused about what you're talking about.

Well, this is the reverb link to the drum. https://reverb.com/item/27165973-slingerland-stage-band-14x22-1960-s-gold-satin-flame-shell?show_sold=true

Posted by jmetatual on the first page. I'm not saying much of anything, I just don't know much about the drum. Which part is confusing?

In the first pic you can see the air vent, and the set of 2 offset holes. I'm most-likely going to leave the 2 "extra" holes alone. I will mount toms off of adjoining cymbal stand on either side, if I end up keeping the kit. With the pics posted on page 1, and the Reverb link, I can't really take any better pics than those. The only thing that would be different would be the fact that I removed the wrap as soon as the drum arrived.

LMK what confuses you. And I'll "try" and clarify.

That's a great looking kit btw.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Does he list his reproduction parts on his website?
He did but I think he transitioned over to using Reverb for that. Hard to say, some parts he still has in stock are apparently no longer for sale (rail mount, Rogers cymbal arm).

I bought one of the Slingerland brackets at the Chicagoland store back in March so I assume they are still available.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He did but I think he transitioned over to using Reverb for that. Hard to say, some parts he still has in stock are apparently no longer for sale (rail mount, Rogers cymbal arm).

I bought one of the Slingerland brackets at the Chicagoland store back in March so I assume they are still available.
I'll send them an email.
Thanks!