header.nohb.html

Vintage Slingerland???

FrankCorby

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I need some help.

Help me identify this bass drum (only picture I have)

Age, value, rarity, etc

Im told its a part of a complete set (4 piece maybe)

Thanks!

Frank

Attachments

• 005E78B2-7425-4D59-B3FD-362677897D87.jpeg
    005E78B2-7425-4D59-B3FD-362677897D87.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 16

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Slingerland from roughly 1955.

I wish that were local to me, I have a Radio King snare drum in that same blue sparkle that I'd like to find a matching set for.

FrankCorby

Reaction score
K.O. said:
Slingerland from roughly 1955.

I wish that were local to me, I have a Radio King snare drum in that same blue sparkle that I'd like to find a matching set for.
How much would you value these atK.O.?

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Not really enough info to go on (not that I'm that tied in to the going rate of these sorts of things anyhow). If they are in good shape and assuming there are a couple of toms and maybe a snare they could be worth some decent money. Factor in some vintage cymbals and/or hardware and it could be a nice little treasure trove. Not worth a "fortune" perhaps (Slingerlands tend to be undervalued compared to similar Ludwigs, Gretsch, and Rogers) but I could still see them being worth $800-$1000 to the right person, possibly more. If there is a RK snare included it will be worth a good chunk of money by itself. Should be $500 minimum there even if just in parts.

Find out the sizes and what else is included and I'm sure someone here can give you a more concrete value...if they happen to be for sale for a couple hundred bucks I'd be snagging them a.s.a.p. and then worry about their ultimate worth later on.

FrankCorby

Reaction score
K.O. said:
Not really enough info to go on (not that I'm that tied in to the going rate of these sorts of things anyhow). If they are in good shape and assuming there are a couple of toms and maybe a snare they could be worth some decent money. Factor in some vintage cymbals and/or hardware and it could be a nice little treasure trove. Not worth a "fortune" perhaps (Slingerlands tend to be undervalued compared to similar Ludwigs, Gretsch, and Rogers) but I could still see them being worth $800-$1000 to the right person, possibly more. If there is a RK snare included it will be worth a good chunk of money by itself. Should be $500 minimum there even if just in parts.

Find out the sizes and what else is included and I'm sure someone here can give you a more concrete value...if they happen to be for sale for a couple hundred bucks I'd be snagging them a.s.a.p. and then worry about their ultimate worth later on.
Thanks K. O. Someone got to them before me...

Darn it!!!

robthetimekeeper

DFO Master
Reaction score
The rail is for mounting a tom, but what are the other mounts for?
Those are the earlier style cymbal arm mounts.

I see that now. They are just missing the top portion where the cymbal would go.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
K.O. said:
(Slingerlands tend to be undervalued compared to similar Ludwigs, Gretsch, and Rogers)
That's because they're so common. Slingerland was a huge drum maker. They cranked out tens of thousands of drums over the years, and the workmanship was not always great. Factory mass production. I've seen lots of Slingerland shells that had sloppy workmanship.

Nevertheless, if you can find a good set, they really sound good. They did use good quality wood, and their chrome plating was excellent.