Vintage stand ID

abracadabra

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey I found a really cool stand at the bottom of a pile of stuff at the shop awhile ago. I put the stand aside, and then the other day I was at a local junk shop and I found another stand exactly like it, so I bought it. I've never seen this stand before, and believe me in a buy/sell/trade shop I've seen a TON of stuff!

So these stands are identical except one is nickel plated and one is chrome plated. They are really well made and seem pretty old, even though the tilter section resembles the kind you see on older CB700 type stuff this is NOT a Japanese or import stand in my opinion.

Anyone have a clue?[attachment=3]stand 006.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]stand 008.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]stand 009.jpg[/attachment]View attachment 11252

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
I just got two of those in nickel, on Ebay, for my nickel Ludwigs. I think they're Wahlberg & Auge--they made hardware sold by Ludwig & others, I think.
I love 'em--real vintage feel.....marko

onedrum77

Reaction score
HI, your stand in photo is a import copy of a 60s lugwig flat bass cymbal stand,i think these were made by pearl in the 60s..mike

They look similar to some old Slingerland stands that I thought were made by Camco back before there were Camco drums.

abracadabra

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Marko, you're right! Thats what I have! I knew it wasn't Japanese import stuff, I've seen too many of those to know, the pitted chrome, stripped threads etc...........

Yeah, great old stands. I love the way nickel feels on my hands............

mark

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
those are great looking stands guys. i'm loving nickel more and more myself. just screams vintage.

mike

TommyWells

Pro/Founder
Reaction score
That is definitely a Walberg stand. I had a full set of 3 of them when I was in H.S. I bought them from George Way in Elkhart, IN , when they were a distributor only. They were very nice to me, and sold me anything in the place for wholesale. I don't remember how much they were, but they were 50% off of retail, and that was great in the mid 60s.

KINGTRIXON

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

That is a "DEWEY" Stand, I'm not sure where they were manufactured, but I have a C-BRUNO catalog from the 1960's that show these exact stands. I have most of the Ludwig catalogs ever made, in person, or on CD-ROM, and Ludwig never sold these DEWEY stands in their catalogs. Ludwig, did however, make nickel plated stands of their own right up until the early 1960's.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
abracadabra....in my auction, vintagedrumjunky says he thinks these stands are W&A, but it sounds like our KINGTRIXON is pretty sure they're Deweys. Both these members know far more than i ever will, so I'm out...marko

Danagreg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have seen them with a little sticker that said Dewey, but I also think they were made by Wahlberg and Auge. I have 3 of them. Very light and handy for smaller cymbals.

Latest posts