Vintage Tama Superstar Appreciation Thread

slinginit

Shake, bump, and shake again...
Reaction score
I always lived that aquamarine color followed by the cherry and candy apple red.

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I picked up this roached 12-13-16-24 setup (no rerings) and have sofar cleaned up all of the hardware, replaced some missing kick lugs and claws.. and put the 8x12 back together.
I’m on the fence as to whether i want to get into trying to repair the gouges in the top of that bass drum, but I do want to remove the bent badges and flatten them

Attachments

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
I had an 8x14 Super Mahogany snare drum. It was my first “new” snare drum I bought, that was back in 1983. I sold it around 1986 when I was in college and needed money.

My second Superstar was in white. A 6.5x14 around 1988. They were blowing these out for $200 listing them as the last of the Superstars . Unfortunately I was selling a Tama Granstar Custom in white and the guy noticed my Superstar snare in the corner. He wouldn’t buy the Granstars w/o that snare. So I told him it’s not for sale unless you throw another $400 on the table. So he did. DOH!

I never got a Superstar Kit although I had been drooling on them since 1978 with the catalog that has Cobham on the cover with 3 bass drums.

I’m still looking for that aqua marine kit!

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just sold these a week ago and the guy sent me this photo of them ready for action. 13,14,18,2x24
Doubt I would have let them go if they were instead Super Maple.

Attachments

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A couple months back I was considering this mint monster concert tom kit in Super Mahogany - 13,14,15,16,18,20,22,22 + cymbals + hardware. The price was right. You don't see 18/20 inch floor tom combo's very often. Had to pass on logistics of bringing it back and fitting it in all in one trip. I'm sure the new owner is happy.

Attachments

Last edited: