Vintage Trap Case ID

lougrassi

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is from the 40's or 50's. Any ideas? Anyone want to venture a guess as to the maker?
22"x18"x11.5"
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
The font style of the logo for "Professional Percussion Center" looks to be late sixties/early seventies. Not staying that such points to the date of manufacture, just that it was likely made around that time. As for manufacturer, could've been Humes & Berg, or possibly, Anvil, or perhaps one of the three major US drum companies of the era.

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
I have always thought 50's. I have 2 of those in immaculate condition. Nice case!

lougrassi

Reaction score
The font style of the logo for "Professional Percussion Center" looks to be late sixties/early seventies. Not staying that such points to the date of manufacture, just that it was likely made around that time. As for manufacturer, could've been Humes & Berg, or possibly, Anvil, or perhaps one of the three major US drum companies of the era.
By late 60's trap cases with wheels were pretty common. I would think the sticker was added at some point, but maybe not . . .

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen that style case with the leather handle from the late 30’s and onward through the 50’s . I couldn’t say who actually manufactured them.

lougrassi

Reaction score
I’ve seen that style case with the leather handle from the late 30’s and onward through the 50’s . I couldn’t say who actually manufactured them.
Thanks. I tend to agree with the time frame. I started playing in '63 and never saw a trap case like this until this came into my possession around 1980. I'll probably put it up on Everything Else For Sale soon. Just looking to describe it as accurately as possible.
I have always thought 50's. I have 2 of those in immaculate condition. Nice case!

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
According to Corporation Wiki, The first use of this ("In place" for Drummers) for the Professional Percussion Center was August 1, 1964. It wasn't trademarked until 1979.

lougrassi

Reaction score
According to Corporation Wiki, The first use of this ("In place" for Drummers) for the Professional Percussion Center was August 1, 1964. It wasn't trademarked until 1979.
Thanks. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean it was bought there or then. The sticker could have been added at any time.