Vintagedrumforum.com can't be found

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've posted this before but it is so frustrating I thought I'd post again.
I've tried many times to access the Vintage Drum Forum website but all I get is the same error message every time.... saying this site can't be reached. I did manage to get on there once last week. I posted a message to a site moderator.... I think it was to the main guy there... I left my email address but didn't hear back. Was it something I said haha. It is a good Forum.... like this one is. Since I did drop fb a few weeks ago these drum forums are refreshing and it's good to be back.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post again.
no issue
try these address..

Or go to VDG and drop in thru their "other" site menu

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Only 1 Sonor post in the last 4 months, sad

and it’s about a subject we are kicking around here.... what’s the D444 made of

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just tried on my home PC - still can't reach the site. Tried again on my Samsung Galaxy s20+ - still can't reach the site. It must be my internet connection somehow. I ran a diagnostic on my pc and I did get a problem message saying my connection may not be good. The connection works for everything else online - Forums too... all except VintageDrumForum.com
I did try going through the other Vintage sites mentioned here in your replies. I got onto those sites alright no problem but when I clicked to go into the VDF from there I got the same error message saying the site can't be reached - and the same Sad Face logo.
Im not much of a computer geek so I'll leave it rest for now.
Thanks for the help.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've never used a cell phone to access VDF, only PC/Laptop and I've haven't had any issues with access outside their routine maintenance/upgrade cycles.
As you were able to login last week and post up I would fully suspect that it is an issue from your end rather than theirs due to the intermittent nature of it. Also those intermittent problems are the toughest to troubleshoot. I just logged in again a few minutes ago and took the image below.

It does say the site is not 'secure' and I'm wondering if you have some security features dialed up a bit too high to access that site on either/or the PC or phone?
Are you using any VPN security walls (not sure if that would affect any thing either)?

VDF_Home_Page.JPG

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been with VDF since June, 2006. It's rare when the site is down. Tried it again just now and had no issues. For me, VDF is always faster than DFO. That MIGHT be due to less traffic at VDF. I've got a fast computer and equally fast internet, yet I find it takes quite some time for each section of DFO to come up for me. Not sure why that is. Are the servers just overloaded all the time?

-Mark

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Concerning VDF not being secure, it is not an https site. Honestly doesn't need to be. I'll send a message to one of the moderators for a more definitive answer.

-Mark

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just now dropped into VDF to see. No problem . I'm on PC .

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just tried on my home PC - still can't reach the site. Tried again on my Samsung Galaxy s20+ - still can't reach the site. It must be my internet connection somehow. I ran a diagnostic on my pc and I did get a problem message saying my connection may not be good. The connection works for everything else online - Forums too... all except VintageDrumForum.com
I did try going through the other Vintage sites mentioned here in your replies. I got onto those sites alright no problem but when I clicked to go into the VDF from there I got the same error message saying the site can't be reached - and the same Sad Face logo.
Im not much of a computer geek so I'll leave it rest for now.
Thanks for the help.
I just got to the site with out any issues.

Try clearing the caches of your browsers, sometimes things get hung up and sent into a loop. Clearing your cache may help, it makes everything start from scratch.

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've never used a cell phone to access VDF, only PC/Laptop and I've haven't had any issues with access outside their routine maintenance/upgrade cycles.
As you were able to login last week and post up I would fully suspect that it is an issue from your end rather than theirs due to the intermittent nature of it. Also those intermittent problems are the toughest to troubleshoot. I just logged in again a few minutes ago and took the image below.

It does say the site is not 'secure' and I'm wondering if you have some security features dialed up a bit too high to access that site on either/or the PC or phone?
Are you using any VPN security walls (not sure if that would affect any thing either)?

View attachment 488782
Aha! That may well be my problem right there... site not secure. My settings may be a little tighter regarding security. Funny though.... I've been able to get in a few times in the past week or so. Maybe my security guard was on a break :) those few times I was able to get onto the site.

• Haha
Reactions: Hop

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try a second browser with lower security settings maybe? That way you will not invite problems from other sites during your normal browsing.