Vista guys - what's the scoop on this tom?

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had band practice last night, followed by a few drinks with the guys. Was then checking the computer and saw this vista orphan on the bay that was ending soon. Don't really need it, but the drinks..... Then I started thinking this looks really cool, and I have other orphans, I could put together a pretty cool player's gig kit. Long story short I bid and won.

I don't like the fact that there was a crack but at least on the seam and apparently was "fixed". Won't know until I get it. Hopefully won't be disappointed.

Any Vista guys have any info on this, like how rare is it, and how'd I do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-LUDWIG-RED-WH-BLU-12-VISTALITE-TOM-SUPER-RARE-C-SERIES-/221396434192?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=HhiVeE%252B9lrOR2Ga13mO24pRlwcw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

dharma bum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have learned the hard way that's it's rarely a good idea to drink and ebay.

However, it may not be bad in your case. I like the tom. It seems like a good deal, and for a "player's kit" I don't think anyone will notice the crack, and let's assume it's a strong fix - I think it would be worse if it were along a seam between the color panels.

I have a clear Vista kit "player's kit" and have found them to be tough.

What other orphans are you going to use this one with?

Ben

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
that seller parted the 12/13/16/22 kit into 4 aouctions, only got $800 for the 4 pc, and instance that probably could have got more selling it as a set, like a BuyItNow listing of $950 for the kit, wouldve sold quicky I think.

grumpy409

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone, The price you paid was very good. I don`t understand why Vistalites are more expensive than wood drums. Does anyone know why? I hope the crack was fixed properly. Drinking and eBay can be dangerous. I thought I bid $100.00 on a cymbal but really bid $1000.00!

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
dharma bum said:

However, it may not be bad in your case. I like the tom. It seems like a good deal, and for a "player's kit" I don't think anyone will notice the crack, and let's assume it's a strong fix - I think it would be worse if it were along a seam between the color panels.

Ben

dharma bum said:

Ben
Agree today, bad idea. Note to self - Do not drink and ebay!

Anyway will be curious to see when this comes. I'm assuming he meant "vertical" seam instead of "vertices" seam. More common, but still a crack. The part that worries me is he didn't provide a picture. Red Flag. In any case not too much money, and there were 13 bids, so others wanted it. Worse case scenario, I list myself and maybe take a hit. We'll see.

The other orphans currently are luddy sparkles (silver sparkle bass, red sparkle floor tom....). Thought "at the time at least" that the candy cane vista tom would complement this and be a conversation "gig" kit. Again, we'll see when together.

AVL

Reaction score
atomicdave said:
that seller parted the 12/13/16/22 kit into 4 aouctions, only got $800 for the 4 pc, and instance that probably could have got more selling it as a set, like a BuyItNow listing of $950 for the kit, wouldve sold quicky I think.
Agreed. One of those rare situations when parting out backfired for the buyer. Serves him/her right!

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
cleya said:
The other orphans currently are luddy sparkles (silver sparkle bass, red sparkle floor tom....). Thought "at the time at least" that the candy cane vista tom would complement this and be a conversation "gig" kit. Again, we'll see when together.
The best fit for such a kit would be blue sparkle tom IMHO.