Vocal processors

drumflyer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone using one of these things to get harmonies and other effects when playing guitar solo? If so, what are you using and are you happy with it?
This is not meant as a discussion if it's right or wrong to use just informational. Thanks!

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bang for the buck the best pedal I own is the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic. It does not do harmonies, but will enhance your vocals. I have the TC Helicon H1 for harmonies (decent), the TC-Helicon Perform V (merely OK - the mic mechanic is better) and the VoiceTone Correct XT Vocal Effects Processor (excellent tool for pitch correction.) If you are looking for a box for harmonies, the H1 is the one I would go with. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but that is the main strength. Do bear in mind that you need to be playing chords and not melody if you are running your guitar or keys through it.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
mtarrani said:
Bang for the buck the best pedal I own is the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic.
+1... totally.

But yeah, it doesn't do harmonies.

My voice is way too low and boomy, but the Mic Mechanic's Adaptive Tone button for EQ and Compression lifts it out of the mud, evens out my crappy dynamics and makes it almost bearable. The reverb is nice and subtle and I have the correction set in the mid range, so it is not noticeable and I'm not pitchy anyway, but set to mid it sounds great.

There is a Mic Mechanic 2, I see. Possibly even betterer.

Latest posts