Wallace Roney has died

J

jaymandude

You see the numbers, and the percentages seem so low comparatively. You think “ We‘ve got this under control”.

And then, all of a sudden someone you know dies from it. And just like that it’s a whole different ballgame.

I didn’t know him, but a lot of my friends did. But I’ve lost 2 people I know and love. Rest in peace

Soulfinger

Reaction score
OMG. That hits hard.
The local media are fast asleep regarding anything jazz so I didn´t learn about his passing until I visited DF so thanks for posting this. Fighting the tears right now, being both a drummer and a trumpet player. First Geri, now him - both gone way too soon. Gotta put on "The Gathering" right now.

Seb77 - thanks for the link, didn´t know about Pablo´s channel. Great stuff!

I´m six years younger than Wallace and just tested positive for CV too, but I´m doing fine (knock on wood). Crazy times right now.

Take care and be safe, y´all, this sh*t is real.

Elvin Williams

Reaction score
Tony's famous cymbal from the Miles days was given to Wallace by Tony. I wonder who has it now. I wish somebody would do a youtube video of it by itself. Wallace lent it to Cindy Blackman for a while. She was using it when she came to Australia about 12 years ago. She didn't advertise it but a friend asked if it was "the one" she winked and said shhhhh. I think she knew she was travelling with precious cargo. I took a photo of it. It has 8 holes that looked like they just guessed where to drill. Flat profile and weight is about 2750g

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Tony's famous cymbal from the Miles days was given to Wallace by Tony. I wonder who has it now. I wish somebody would do a youtube video of it by itself. Wallace lent it to Cindy Blackman for a while. She was using it when she came to Australia about 12 years ago. She didn't advertise it but a friend asked if it was "the one" she winked and said shhhhh. I think she knew she was travelling with precious cargo. I took a photo of it. It has 8 holes that looked like they just guessed where to drill. Flat profile and weight is about 2750g
Bruce Wittet from Ottawa ( former MD columnist) played those cymbals in Wallace's basement ... get a hold of him , he might know .

Latest posts