Want to buy Tube Lugs for my Ludwig Supraphonic Snare

SiGGY

Reaction score
Could use advise on where to purchase 10 Tube Lugs for my 6.5” snare.
A couple of places I checked with want $20 dollars for just one Tube Lug.
Also would consider trading for the Imperial Lugs I take off, which are about 9 months old and are in pristine condition.
If I can’t get them for a reasonable price I’ll just learn to love the Imperial ones that are on there.
Thx, Rick

Ptrick

Reaction score
If you don’t mind non-Ludwig, there are other options. These will fit hole pattern.

SiGGY

Reaction score
If you don’t mind non-Ludwig, there are other options. These will fit hole pattern.

Thanks Patrick, these appear to be the correct size. Have you used these yourself? Wondering if the gaskets from the Imperial Lugs would suffice for the Tube Lugs?
Thx, let me know.

Rick

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, these appear to be the correct size. Have you used these yourself? Wondering if the gaskets from the Imperial Lugs would suffice for the Tube Lugs?
Thx, let me know.

Rick
I wouldn't use Imperial gaskets with tube lugs. They'll look awkward and odd. If you need to use gaskets, just pick up some small rubber washers from your local hardware store.

Ptrick

Reaction score
I wouldn't use Imperial gaskets with tube lugs. They'll look awkward and odd. If you need to use gaskets, just pick up some small rubber washers from your local hardware store.
This. ^

SiGGY

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, I didn’t mean the total gasket from the Imperial Lug, I thought or assumed there were round rubber gaskets for the holes and the area were the lug slipped into the drum hole cavity.
But of course I can pick up gaskets from the hardware store.

Thanks again,

Rick

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
You can probably also get rubber gaskets from DFD as well as the mounting screws.....necessary to avoid splay with the Ludwig rims.

BUT......if you don't want to have splay, simply swap your rims for non-Ludwig ones - that's how I solved that issue! And no gaskets needed......

Ptrick

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, I didn’t mean the total gasket from the Imperial Lug, I thought or assumed there were round rubber gaskets for the holes and the area were the lug slipped into the drum hole cavity.
But of course I can pick up gaskets from the hardware store.

Thanks again,

Rick
You can get tube lug gaskets that are hard plastic from DFD or hardware store. Probably a good idea on the Ludwig ‘s. I haven’t seen the soft rubber type gaskets for tubes.

If you go through with it, please post pics when done!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you haven't already purchased the tube lugs, here's another option... HERE

These are really cool lugs and I've used them on some of my custom builds. They also come with two different thickness gaskets, but you'll have to purchase the screws separately. I'm not sure if the screws from the Imperial lugs will work or not. You may also need the cup washers.

-Mark

Attachments