Wanted 14X6.5 Ludwig Black Beauty (94-99 era)

D

Drummer1990

I'm looking for a 1994-1999 era Ludwig black beauty brass model non-engraved with P85 Supraphonic throwoff and round felt tone control.

Heres a example pic of drum I'm looking for
20200331_031701.jpg

I got a $650-700 max budget that must include shipping in deal.

Transaction will be through paypal

Please send me a message if you have one,this is my dream snare drum and must have one.
Thanks so much
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not looking for the engraved ones just plain black and fyi I want brass not bronze.

Its Nice of you to show the whole forum what a selfish stuck up jerk you can be by posting like this. Bravo
Pretty sure he was posting links to try and help you...

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
While you're out there looking, find me a BMW with a V-8 for 600$ Like New no rust lo mileage 4 door Black.
Because they don't exist either.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Semi on topic - the pic in the OP is mine. That was a bronze BB, circa 1987. Phil, just a word of caution... if you’re dead set on brass instead of bronze, you’re gonna want to avoid BBs from ‘87-‘92. They were all bronze during that timeframe.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Feel free to use the pic, no worries! I no longer own that drum. Bronze is a bit darker sounding than brass, with a bit less sustain.

D

Drummer1990

Feel free to use the pic, no worries! I no longer own that drum. Bronze is a bit darker sounding than brass, with a bit less sustain.
I assume the bronze versions BB are way more expensive in the over grand territory vs a brass being 600-800 range?

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I assume the bronze versions BB are way more expensive in the over grand territory vs a brass being 600-800 range?
Not necessarily. I had that drum several years ago but if I recall correctly, I bought it for $600 and sold it for $650.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with either one. If you’re more about “cutting through” the mix, I’d suggest brass. If you’re more about “blending into” the mix, I’d go bronze. We’re only talking a few degrees of difference here, though.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Here's a nice newer one:

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That’s what I ended up doing—went with a newer one off my local Craigslist, a little over 4 bills with a case in excellent condition, though I do understand and respect you wanting something specific.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
you can put a tone control yourself if it's a deal breaker. grab this one (not mine).

portland.craigslist.org/clc/msg/d/portland-ludwig-black-beauty-65x14/7102269611.html

drumstuff66

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 1994-1999 era Ludwig black beauty brass model non-engraved with P85 Supraphonic throwoff and round felt tone control.

Heres a example pic of drum I'm looking for
View attachment 433360

I got a $650-700 max budget that must include shipping in deal.

Transaction will be through paypal friends&family so no loss of money when payment sent.

Please send me a message if you have one,this is my dream snare drum and must have one.
Thanks so much
Phil
PayPal Friends & Family? For a business transaction where you're the buyer?

Highly discouraged for transactions like this and actually against DFO Marketplace rules to sell via F&F. PayPal Goods & Services offers far more protection for the buyer anyway. Maybe split the fee (around $21 given your max budget I think) or have the buyer work it into the final selling price. Don't risk ending up in a bait-and-switch or some other disappointing scenario in which you'd have no recourse.

When I'm looking to buy, insistence on F&F by the seller is a red flag & deal breaker....especially if the other party is neither.

Last edited:

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Just posted.Exactly what you wanted. Looks great. 300 thats right 300. Sombody will be all over this today i bet you anything.

Says he will take paypal

Attachments

karlcrafton

Reaction score
Drummer1990 better snag that up QUICK!!
Once in a never deal.
I already have 2 Brass BB's, or I'd snatch that up.

Hope you get it!!

I "retired" my '89 Bronze BB to only recording. If something happened to it at a show, I couldn't easily afford to replace it moniatrially, and the sentimental loss would be really bad.