Wanted: Custom Lug Builder

#Gerard

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I need help in finding someone who can build me some custom lugs of my own design.

I checked with Allstar but they informed me that they don't have the machine to build the lugs through "extrusion". As such, they said they cannot build the lugs.

I was wondering if it is possible to "carve" the lug out of a block of brass or aluminum, instead of extruding them?

Basically, my lug is in the shape of a cross and is approximately 75mm x 45mm x 45mm.

I was planning on using the lugs on a 14x5.5 Duluth Treebronze snare.

Thanks in advance!

Gerard

Attachments

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
A machine shop with a C and C machine? Custom motorcycle or auto shops? Might also depend on how much you're willing to spend.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You might try contacting Champagne Drums. I'm trying to remember the man's name that runs the shop. . .be he basically does HIS shells and lugs to order. SO, it's possible?? Maybe?

He builds great shells and lugs. https://champagnedrum.com/

OffbeatDrumCo

Reaction score
A machine shop with a C and C machine? Custom motorcycle or auto shops? Might also depend on how much you're willing to spend.
I agree with @ARGuy, a machine shop is probably your best bet. Most will want at the very least a sketch with some dimensions of your parts, hole diameters, depths, thread pitch, etc. The more information you can provide up-front the better, manufacturing shops tend to be very detail oriented and most are more comfortable working/quoting from prints. A CNC would require a CAD file, and honestly it would probably be overkill for a project like this, if I'm interpreting your pictures correctly anybody with a mill should be able to build what you're looking for.

I won't even venture a guess what something like that would cost, but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

#Gerard

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I already have a drawing with all the dimensions, including details of the mounting screw and tension lugs.

I have a model, but not in Autocad.

As adviced, I am now broadening my search to include metal fabricators.

Thanks again!

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The guy over at Sweet Spot will custom make just about anything for you. There is a lead time and it isn't cheap but he will do. He made me a couple prototypes a year or two ago and they were awesome.

#Gerard

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

I checked their website and their clutches and lugs look topnotch!

Will definitely email them!

Thanks once again!