header.nohb.html

Wanted: drum rental - Boston Area in May 2014

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all -

I am returning to Boston in mid-May for my (yikes!) 50th College Reunion. We are putting on a Revue show; I'll be playing in the onstage combo (trio or quartet) backing some of the musical numbers. I'm in California, so I'd like to find a decent bop size shell pack in the Boston area. Ideally, I would need just the three drums (18x14, 12x8, 14x14); I have a hardware pack I can use (my nephew's), and intend to bring cymbals, pedal, stickbag (and possibly a snare drum, although renting one also would be more convenient).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Vintage stuff would be preferred, but condition and sound are the most important things. I would need the drums from May 23 to May 30. I am a very careful, experienced "senior" (obviously!) player, and would treat the equipment as if it were my own.

Thanks!

Mike
Corte Madera CA

CAMDRUMS

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a '67 Ludwig kit you might be interested in using, sizes 12,14, 20. Also have a few snares. PM me if interested.

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've got Tempus and Sonor drums in those sizes. Gretsch too, if you can use a 20". I've got snares too!

67Mopar

God Speed Jerry
Reaction score
Careful People, Keith Moon rented a set or two, Make sure you get a full value returnable deposit, just because a guy joins a forum looking for a rental, with a nice story does not make them legit. Real Rental places have insurance for destroyed stuff. Dont be BOSTON Stupid.

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
Dean said:
Careful People, Keith Moon rented a set or two, Make sure you get a full value returnable deposit, just because a guy joins a forum looking for a rental, with a nice story does not make them legit. Real Rental places have insurance for destroyed stuff. Dont be BOSTON Stupid.

Wow...

pontiacrich

For Bongo & JM :(
Reaction score
Dean said:
Not that I disagree with doing ones "due diligence", but geez Deano, when did you become such a cynic? I'd say let the renter and rentee work those details in private. Just my two cents.

67Mopar

God Speed Jerry
Reaction score
I am paranoid, sorry if that came out harsh, but life experiences raise the flag when I see this stuff, Sure its probably legit, but it would be a really long sad thread if the first post in June was, "so I rented out a drum kit and...... Just saying to be careful and cover your bases thats all

pontiacrich

For Bongo & JM :(
Reaction score
Dean said:
I am paranoid, sorry if that came out harsh, but life experiences raise the flag when I see this stuff, Sure its probably legit, but it would be a really long sad thread if the first post in June was, "so I rented out a drum kit and...... Just saying to be careful and cover your bases thats all
Agreed.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello again, all -

Thanks for reading my post ..... and replying to it. I'll be staying in Newton and Cambridge in the last week of May, with a brief prior visit to Vermont to see my sisters. I will need to put my kit together before the first rehearsal on Sunday 5/25, so ideally I'd pick any rented stuff up by 5/23 to get things sorted. The music trip will be done by mid week, probably 5/28.

To Dean: I absolutely agree with you on the need for security, and would not object to leaving a deposit in hand. This of course works both ways, in the sense that long-distance arrangements have been known to fall apart at the crux, leaving the would-be renter hanging. All to be worked out ......

Keith Moon I ain't!

Mike

67Mopar

God Speed Jerry
Reaction score
My dad got screwed out of an RV rental, took his money and ran I was 12 yrs old, we were to go to Disney, Im 50 and still havnt got there yet, Probably the first time I was old enough, to both be dissapointed and feel bad for my dad all at the same time. So Im a bit sensitive to These situations