Wanted - Gretsch RB drums - Wanted

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Hello DFO,

I'm looking to buy any 100% original Gretsch RB drums (in various sizes from small to large) that are factory made in original Gretsch RB walnut finish in poor to excellent condition.

At this point in my search, I will even take drums with mods or extra holes. Walnut finished RB drums are presumed to have been made during the late 1960s (catalog #44) so absolutely no 1950s or 1970s Gretsch drums will be considered.

Please PM what you have.

Thanks!

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Anybody?

I'm paying above market value... for any original 1960s RB walnut finish drums in any size... please no marching or concert type drums... only looking for typical drum set type drums only i.e. snare, toms or bass drums.

Thanks!

Base

Reaction score
there´s a" rather scratched but seems to be original" 20,12,14, set that popped up today in the for sale section @ cymbalholics

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
It's long gone now, but the shop I used to work at had a 12"-14"-20" with RB's on the toms and a SSB on the bass with two itty-bitty tacks holding it at either edge. Factory kit, the "Little old lady selling it after the little old man had left it in a closet for 30 years" story. Nice pile of A's with it, too.

Not helpful necessarily, but they're out there!

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
CaptainCrunch said:
It's long gone now, but the shop I used to work at had a 12"-14"-20" with RB's on the toms and a SSB on the bass with two itty-bitty tacks holding it at either edge. Factory kit, the "Little old lady selling it after the little old man had left it in a closet for 30 years" story. Nice pile of A's with it, too.

Not helpful necessarily, but they're out there!
Where, I can't find them...

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do have an interesting 60's (6ply) shellpack that I may want to sell. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it at this point. It has its worts but it also has a relatively rare finish.

68 Sunset Satin Flame 20/12/12/16

I'm discovering that the person that put the bass drum together must have been a disgruntled employee (Gretsch sold to Baldwin Piano in 67) or new or had a huge hangover...........or something. You would hardly believe how this bass drum was put together. Maybe it's more collectible because of it haha - probably not though.

If you're interested email or message me - email kona1984@shaw.ca

gary

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
kona1984 said:
I do have an interesting 60's (6ply) shellpack that I may want to sell. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it at this point. It has its worts but it also has a relatively rare finish.

68 Sunset Satin Flame 20/12/12/16

I'm discovering that the person that put the bass drum together must have been a disgruntled employee (Gretsch sold to Baldwin Piano in 67) or new or had a huge hangover...........or something. You would hardly believe how this bass drum was put together. Maybe it's more collectible because of it haha - probably not though.

If you're interested email or message me - email kona1984@shaw.ca

gary
I sent you a PM.

I'm also looking for a nice decent vintage 20" Gretsch offset logo bass drum head... without any holes cut into it,