WANTED: Peavey radial pro 1000

KingLudwig

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am still looking for a PEAVEY Radial Pro 1000 14" snare drum in mint- nr.mint condition. Please spread the word.
Thanks!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a couple of these drums in the late 90's-early 2000's in natural high gloss lacquer. Very nice sounding drums, but bulky to use with a drum set because the body of the drum sticks out far beyond the head. Don't settle for a 750...get the 1000. You won't regret it and I think you will love the drum. They were beautifully made from a design that originally came from an older gentleman in Minnesota, but I can't remember his name. I remember reading about it in Modern Drummer. It is very much a viable idea...basically a stave drum with integrated lugs (inserts) into the shell. Cool stuff for sure. I haven't seen one in years, unfortunately.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shell of everything that isn’t a snare is not a stave construction but rather a very thin (think the thickness of an acoustic guitar body) plywood. All the stress is maintained in the radial bridge collar. So if you’d like shell vibration to be part of your sound, nothing vibrates more than these (well maybe Whitney Penguins).

The radial pros are probably the best sounding drums I have ever heard. Unfortunately they are a nightmare to set up closer than 4” to each other! to put in a case (that isn’t way huge) and they say Peavey on them.

I cleared the last few hundred drums out of Plant 10 when I worked there. I wish I had kept a kit.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
It looks like it's your lucky day. Here you go: Peavey 1000 22,10,12,14,16 with matching snare in ebony lacquer