header.nohb.html

Wanted: Premier Lokfast single tom holder, early 70s design.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to find a single tom holder for my new Premier set. It's the early 70s post design that telescopes out of the bass drum bracket. A single tom version of Premier's double tom mount of the time. The downtube has the football shaped profile. There's one on ebay at the moment but it's in the UK and the shipping is nearly more than the cost of the mount itself. I thought I'd see if there were any available on this side of the Atlantic. I know they are probably few and far between...but you never know.

tom arm.jpg

Last edited:

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some of the guys in UK want to send expedited….

I asked one to send it 1st class……it was way cheaper!

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have one that came with my set. These single ones are sort of hard to find but the double ones are easier to find.

You should look into ebay UK

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.
Guy in Britain doesn't seem willing to play ball on the shipping so the hunt continues.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Tristan at Drum Attic (UK) have any? Mike Ellis may but it looks like he shut Blenheim Drums down. Shame too since that guy is hilarious and has a lot of good parts.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump
The guy I got my treasure trove of Lokfast hardware from over the weekend thought he had one of these but couldn't find it and then remembered he threw it in with a bass drum he had sold. Bad luck for me as he likely would have just thrown it in on our hardware deal.

cinemadrummer2001

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know if you’re still looking Kevin but I just saw this.
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure I want one quite that badly ($125) but I'll have to ponder it.

kallen49

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, I had one in my parts box until 2018 from my 1975 Premier kit because in 1976 I switched it for a double tom holder.
In 2017 used it for a kit of Ludwig Standard shells that I restored.
Sold that kit in 2018 for $400 CAN. in Hamilton Ontario.

My guess is that if you can find one at any price you are lucky. Pretty rare and on upside, Premier's chrome from the '70's is as good as chrome gets.

The biggest issue with that tom mount is the small curved metal piece that fits in the holder on the bass drum. Easily lost, I had to make one.
Good luck!

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had no holder it would be a case of paying whatever it took (within reason) but I have a perfectly functional double tom mount. I just think the single would look slicker when only using one tom.

I could have had one of these for probably $10 a few years ago but at the time I was like "why"....live and learn.

Granted, I've spent a lot more on particular parts for even lesser reasons but I'm not in a huge hurry to land one of these. Doesn't mean I might not make an offer at some point but not today.

But I greatly appreciate the lead and hope to hear about any others.