WANTED: those crummy, worthless, injured drums taking up space

hurricanejoe

Reaction score
Good morning all,
It's been a reeeeal long time since I've posted here but I'm thinking some of you might have what I'm looking for. I need drums (2 rack, kick, floor), that are NOT drums of value, for a project.

I have a baby on the way and we plan to make the nursery a rock an roll theme. These drums will be cut up into shelves, lamps, a hamper, etc while still retaining the look of drums.

If anyone has stuff they don't mind parting with I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not asking for anything for free, but I'm also not planning to spend "playable drums" money.

Thanks everyone,
-Joe

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have a 12 x 10 shell (no hardware) that I don't have a need for. Not that it matters, but it's a Yamaha Rock Tour Custom in black sparkle. Give me a zip and I'll check on shipping (from Cal.).

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
considering the cost of shipping a 4 pc kit, even free might be more than what you are looking to spend (which at this point, is unknown to forum members)....facebook marketplace and craigslist might be more cost effective if find a kit for around $100 or less as might cost near that much to ship.

hurricanejoe

Reaction score
considering the cost of shipping a 4 pc kit, even free might be more than what you are looking to spend (which at this point, is unknown to forum members)....facebook marketplace and craigslist might be more cost effective if find a kit for around $100 or less as might cost near that much to ship.
I agree but I'm still trying to get all my feelers out there. Sadly in my neck of the woods there are still people who think a rusty CB-700 is worth $200.
There is plenty of time left before I need to start the project so at least I can afford to wait for someone who just needs that unused entry level kit gone.

-Joe

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That "unused entry level kit" is going to be found on FB/CL rather than here, most likely. Good luck with your search.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen drums in the trash (some were actually in good shape with playable heads and functioning hardware), yard sales (people don’t know what they have) etc.

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expand your CL search area. A couple of hours
drive might get you what you want. Plus you get out of the house for an afternoon?