wanted: very bright flat ride, any brand, 20inch tops

saturnresearch

Reaction score
Would love a flat ride that's rather high pitched to tickle over piano solos and the like. I really love the ones that make kind of a crunchy distorted sound too. If you have anything similar sitting around gathering dust, let me know! an 18 or a 19 would be fantastic.

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 20” 2002 Flat With a few rivets that is excellent, but I just don’t use it enough. If that sounds like something you could use let me know.

saturnresearch

Reaction score
I have a 20” 2002 Flat With a few rivets that is excellent, but I just don’t use it enough. If that sounds like something you could use let me know.
Thanks your your reply. Would you be willing to provide a sound file?

toddbishop

Reaction score
I have a couple for sale on my site, by Cymbal & Gong-- a very tight, bright 18" that's very much like a 602 Medium Flat, and a light, airy 20".

saturnresearch

Reaction score
Thanks for this, you have some truly lovely cymbals for sale. I think for now I'm looking for something even brighter than the one you have right now. But I'll be back on your website in the future!

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
High pitched in the stick sound or in the wash? I think you’ll find the answer in the Paiste family.

To my ears a 2002 will have almost a bell like quality to the stick sound with a 602 having a little less bell and becoming a little more traditional. If you are looking for a high pitched wash added to that then the Signature would be my choice.

saturnresearch

Reaction score
High pitched in the stick sound or in the wash? I think you’ll find the answer in the Paiste family.

To my ears a 2002 will have almost a bell like quality to the stick sound with a 602 having a little less bell and becoming a little more traditional. If you are looking for a high pitched wash added to that then the Signature would be my choice.
Cool, thanks for the tip! I think I'm looking for a bright stick and bright wash so I'll check out the Signatures.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
no reason to spend more $
~

Last edited:

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
Ed Thigpen Crystal Ride... IF you can find one! They pop up every once in a while, sometimes reasonably priced, sometimes not. Very unique sound, particularly for a flat. High pitched and a bit odd but pleasant.

Deafmoon

Reaction score
I would have steered you away from a flat ride towards a Signature Bright Ride, but they haven’t been made in years. If you ever find one you may fall in love because it comes close to a Flat Ride but is so much brighter.

pgm554

Reaction score
Ed Thigpen Crystal Ride... IF you can find one! They pop up every once in a while, sometimes reasonably priced, sometimes not. Very unique sound, particularly for a flat. High pitched and a bit odd but pleasant.
I've got one and it's more of a dark dry HH when compared a flat bell AA.

Attachments