wanted: Yamaha long lugs

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am looking for Yamaha Recording Custom or (even better) long Stage Custom-style lugs to fit the following drums: an 8" deep tom (lugs I think would need to be 5"-ish long, I would need 6), a 14" deep FT (11"ish long, need 8 ) and a 14" deep BD (11"-ish long, need 8 ). The lug lengths of listed are just guesses on my part - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If you have anything, let me know! Would prefer to get all of them from one person if possible. Please PM with what you have and what you'd like for them.

Cheers,
jamie

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thumper said:
Quite a few on ebay at the moment
This is true. Was hoping somebody here might have a complete set and/or that they'd be a little cheaper than eBay. (New ones that an "ebay discount" are still between $17-22 per lug!) Plus I haven't seen too many on ebay short enough for an 8" deep tom.

Rythymboy

Reaction score
Get me some exact measurements of what you need and pm them to me I have a few of the long lugs, just not sure what lengths they are.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
jmpd_utoronto said:
Quite a few on ebay at the moment
This is true. Was hoping somebody here might have a complete set and/or that they'd be a little cheaper than eBay. (New ones that an "ebay discount" are still between $17-22 per lug!) Plus I haven't seen too many on ebay short enough for an 8" deep tom.
The 8" are going to be the most difficult to find, longer ones are easier. Someone is selling a lot of looks like 16 - 18 lugs for $99. Several years ago, i had the same quest, ended up buying a drum for the lugs - it was cheaper than buying just lugs.

p.s. the RC lugs are slightly different that the Stage Custom lugs; end-cap design on SC extend along the cap vs. the RC's that have a straight line "embossing".

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thumper said:
The 8" are going to be the most difficult to find, longer ones are easier. Someone is selling a lot of looks like 16 - 18 lugs for $99. Several years ago, i had the same quest, ended up buying a drum for the lugs - it was cheaper than buying just lugs.

p.s. the RC lugs are slightly different that the Stage Custom lugs; end-cap design on SC extend along the cap vs. the RC's that have a straight line "embossing".
Hmm, good to know. These lugs would be going on shells that I wanted to "disguise" as Yamahas (for my own benefit, would never sell them like that and try to pull the wool over someone's eyes). The problem/challenge is that I'd like to get rid of the current lugs but the lugs on there now have a very unique spacing, so since I can't find lugs to fit the holes, figured I'd try the Yamaha long lugs (which would cover up any extra holes anyway).

Latest posts