WANTED: Your Jazz Rides! Any Jazz Rides!

bbshams

Reaction score
Pandemic has left me with too much time on my hands now that my gig calendar is abysmal... I have once again fallen into the death spiral of searching for the perfect ride cymbal. Or realistically, for another cymbal or two to add to my actual rotation-- but i'm having a blast trying a bunch and then reselling the ones I don't love! I've posted once or twice about wanting specific brands like custom makers (Lauritsen, Simpson, Etc.) or specific models like the K Custom Dry Complex, but really at this point I am open to anything! Hit me with it.

I currently play Mostly K Cons and Agops, and tend to enjoy thinner and more complex cymbals. Let me know what you've got!

toddbishop

Reaction score
Go to Cymbalistic, I’ve got several great ones by Cymbal & Gong. The real 50s sound.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like C&G, I have a nice 20" Holy Grail. I have an 18" and 22" but don't use the 20".........I have thin Bosphorus masters 20 and 22, too.

toddbishop

Reaction score
If you like C&G, I have a nice 20" Holy Grail. I have an 18" and 22" but don't use the 20".........I have thin Bosphorus masters 20 and 22, too.
Curious, what’s the weight of the 20”?

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
It’s got an awesome Dejohnette/Al Foster vibe but I think it’s just a tad heavy for me. Probably gonna sell or trade it!
[/QUOTE

I find mine too washy when things get intense, like a 22" thin Trad. I like playing with energy but I don't like overpowering the band. One of these days I'll find a buyer for it. It's a great cymbal for someone who likes a lot of wash.

Now the Dark Crisp, that's another matter. I think that's what this cymbal really wanted to be.

bbshams

Reaction score
Bump! C'mon I know you've got that one K Con that stays in the bag, or you're just ready to try new sounds... send it to a good home! (Me)

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
what drummer would part with rides he's poured 30 and 40 and 50 years over to locate
the sounds he's had in the back of his head finally realized and content with..

either 1) he's quitting
or 2) it's his last week on earth

3) asking on a drum forum where everyone prizes their gear
5) look in the back yards of ebay and reverb

6) I'm trying to cut back but still can give free advice 4 days a week

bbshams

Reaction score
what drummer would part with rides he's poured 30 and 40 and 50 years over to locate
the sounds he's had in the back of his head finally realized and content with..

either 1) he's quitting
or 2) it's his last week on earth

3) asking on a drum forum where everyone prizes their gear
5) look in the back yards of ebay and reverb
Well in the event that a drummer has spent their life finding their grail cymbal they can simply... not sell it to me! I am happy for them :D

But otherwise, gear moves constantly, and posting an open ended wanted ad in the wanted section doesn't feel too silly! I look on ebay and reverb as well but it is nowhere near as enjoyable as interacting with DFO members

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any interest?......I have a Bosphorus tradiational series 20" Ride. 2030 gr. AND a 21" K Custom Sound Lab Hybrid Ride -2751 gr.