Was I dreaming (not Dream related, DCP)

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I looked at the DCP blackfriday website i then just looked at new Sabian's and could have sworn they had two new Prototypes, 21" HH rides for $125.

I should have pulled the trigger but didn't....went back the next day and gone....did someone buy them? DCP realized the price was wrong?

Oh well.....

Pibroch

Reaction score
When I looked at the DCP blackfriday website i then just looked at new Sabian's and could have sworn they had two new Prototypes, 21" HH rides for $125.

I should have pulled the trigger but didn't....went back the next day and gone....did someone buy them? DCP realized the price was wrong?

Oh well.....
According to posts on this forum Sabian periodically have run retail sales of prototypes at the factory and they typically sell for $150 each (Canadian dollars I assume). DCP would still have made a profit on each l think for the prices and freight they would have paid.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
According to posts on this forum Sabian periodically have run retail sales of prototypes at the factory and they typically sell for $150 each (Canadian dollars I assume). DCP would still have made a profit on each l think for the prices and freight they would have paid.
I was not aware. I wonder how people find out about those sales?

felis

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Before Casio Music went belly up, Sabian reps used to come to Drummerfest and had some prototypes for sale.
Some other places that sell drums might do something similar.

Pibroch

Reaction score
I was not aware. I wonder how people find out about those sales?
I wonder too. Also wonder if you can in some way try them out first. Or if some people try to buy as many as possible, keep what they like and sell the rest for a "profit" to help pay for the travel expenses - I know I would if I didn't live in Australia and had the opportunity!

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder too. Also wonder if you can in some way try them out first. Or if some people try to buy as many as possible, keep what they like and sell the rest for a "profit" to help pay for the travel expenses - I know I would if I didn't live in Australia and had the opportunity!
I wouldn’t be opposed to that idea but haven’t seen anyone doing that here. Not a lot of Sabian prototypes come up for sale. I don’t think they seem to hold as much value as I would expect, because it can be hard to know what you’ll get — they are so variable and I’ve played more duds than stunners.

Pibroch

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. Have so far bought two from Hazelshould after hearing the sound files, (which gave an extremely accurate representation of what I perceive in real life). Will be wary of buying any sound unheard.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCP does have a Sabian Prototypes menu heading and a bunch of cymbals under it ...but no HHs at that price (very few at that price).
I remember when DCP was knew they brought some cymbals to the CT vintage show...they were all drool worthy