header.nohb.html

Way OT Converse Chucks sizing ?

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can't buy these locally so gonna try my hand at buying them online.
Any experience with the wide over the standard size ?

Converse also say that sizes run a half size large but I do like plenty of room for my toes so thinking of just going for 10.5 size for my 10.5 feet.

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't buy these locally so gonna try my hand at buying them online.
Any experience with the wide over the standard size ?

Converse also say that sizes run a half size large but I do like plenty of room for my toes so thinking of just going for 10.5 size for my 10.5 feet.
If you wear a 10.5 (American sizing) go for a 10.5 WIDE and you wont feel like this!
1655674670940.png

Tubwompus

Reaction score
I had a pair custom-made from their website and I just denoted my regular 12 Wide and that was what I got.

ellaguru

Reaction score
I go true to size if they're going to be my drum playing shoes. They'll stretch out just right after a few practices. Laces will be too long once settled in.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I always went true to my american size. Im a 13 wide in most shoes and regular 13 in chucks always worked fine. If your used to UK sizes go down one.

You do end up with some space in the toe box but they didn’t used to sell wides. Be aware the newer chucks are made even lighter than the old ones were so they don’t last too long. If you can find pro-keds in your size they are more like the old ones.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you do Amazon Prime do the try it before you buy it option if you can, or just return them if they don't fit.

Buying shoes online is like rolling the dice.

I wear either a 11.5 wide or a 12 depending on the random size of the shoe.

Nostalgia - I remember when canvass shoes were ten bucks and nobody bought them because they were the cheap shoes.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do Amazon Prime do the try it before you buy it option if you can, or just return them if they don't fit.

Buying shoes online is like rolling the dice.

I wear either a 11.5 wide or a 12 depending on the random size of the shoe.

Nostalgia - I remember when canvass shoes were ten bucks and nobody bought them because they were the cheap shoes.
When I was a kid... there were 4 kinds of sneakers; low whites, high whites, low blacks and high blacks.

Polska

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the Chucks I buy for drumming run true to my regular size. Check out Brad's Deals online for some good discounts, though sometimes color isn't the best option. I order all my shoes online now, but only from places that offer free returns. Then I order my regular size and a half size larger, sending back the pair that doesn't fit. Usually only need to do that once until you figure out the proper sizing.

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing chucks for 25+ years, and I always buy them true to size. By contrasts, when I buy Vans I have to buy those a half size up.

I just ordered 2 pairs from the Converse website and they were delivered very quickly.

Blue Zurich

Reaction score
All Birds are great drumming shoes and are much better on your feet than Vans or Chucks, if you're young you can wear most anything though.

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Love me some Chucks to play drums with.

I think I have about 6 pairs (including the rare Pink Floyd prism ones) and just ordered a custom platform model in all black with the names of my kids.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Love Chucks but too narrow for my feet.
Same here. EEE. I try a size larger...longer. It helps a bit but still too narrow. i wish they would address this....Mike

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. EEE. I try a size larger...longer. It helps a bit but still too narrow. i wish they would address this....Mike
I've been thinking of trying the new PF Flyers as Chuck's don't fit. Not sure about their width, though.