WAY OT: My new built in grill

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great! I want one of those outdoor Evo grills that’s like a giant cast iron pan. And a Big Green Egg. And a patio and a nice backyard …
I really considered doing a Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe, but my wife likes to grill too and just doesn't want to deal with charcoal. I may still get one down the road though for the low and slow smokey stuff.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really considered doing a Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe, but my wife likes to grill too and just doesn't want to deal with charcoal. I may still get one down the road though for the low and slow smokey stuff.
Easy for me to spend your money on extra stuff, but I’m sure you know nothing beats natural charcoal for flavor. Plus it’s fun getting messy and playing with fire. And gives you the perfect amount of time to get into that fridge while waiting for the fire to get hot. And your wife won’t mind once she tastes the food it produces.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weber's are not slumming. Very versatile I use mine more than my Egg. Theyare probably the Supra of grils they do it all, grill, smoke, rotiserrie, pizza.....
Definitely no shame in a Weber Kettle! They're fantastic.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute..........did I hear you say that each shelf holds 36 cans ??????? I have a freezer full of Black Angus

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute..........did I hear you say that each shelf holds 36 cans ??????? I have a freezer full of Black Angus
Yeah, it's a good sized fridge. There's a shallower third shelf that I need to figure out too, and I guess it would hold another 12 pack.

HoorayGuy

Reaction score
Man, that's class all the way. I have a vertical pellet smoker I enjoy quite a bit.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a good sized fridge. There's a shallower third shelf that I need to figure out too, and I guess it would hold another 12 pack.
I was wrong. I can cram 28 cans on that smaller shelf. So I can reasonably get 92 cans and bottles in there. Shamefully, I only have flavored sparking water in there now.

I do actually plan to use it to keep marinated meats in there as well prior to grilling, because there's never any room in the kitchen fridge. We're the kind of family that has endless containers of leftovers and stuff, so the outdoor fridge to hold this kind of stuff really appealed to me. I love having cold drinks ready to go.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wrong. I can cram 28 cans on that smaller shelf. So I can reasonably get 92 cans and bottles in there. Shamefully, I only have flavored sparking water in there now.

I do actually plan to use it to keep marinated meats in there as well prior to grilling, because there's never any room in the kitchen fridge. We're the kind of family that has endless containers of leftovers and stuff, so the outdoor fridge to hold this kind of stuff really appealed to me. I love having cold drinks ready to go.
Dallas ain’t far from me , I’ll come see you soon !!!!!!

Browny

Reaction score
Weber's are not slumming. Very versatile I use mine more than my Egg. Theyare probably the Supra of grils they do it all, grill, smoke, rotiserrie, pizza.....
The Weber-Supra comparison is a good one.

Good briquetttes and a well constructed snake can do a pretty decent low and slow cook. Can do hot and fast, low and slow, whatever.

I built a drum smoker this year and that does most of my lower temp stuff these days. Ribs, brisket, pulled beef/pork, shorties, etc.

Can do loooong cooks with lump charcoal which I prefer to briquettes. Less finicky than with the kettle, and bigger capacity when that’s needed. Plus it was kind of fun to build.

Weber kettle mainly fish or high-temp chicken (wings/etc with a vortex).

Weber Go Anywhere is my go-to for steaks. Or if I’m travelling and want to cook something.