WAY OT: My new built in grill

mesazoo

Reaction score
The Weber-Supra comparison is a good one.

Good briquetttes and a well constructed snake can do a pretty decent low and slow cook. Can do hot and fast, low and slow, whatever.

I built a drum smoker this year and that does most of my lower temp stuff these days. Ribs, brisket, pulled beef/pork, shorties, etc.

Can do loooong cooks with lump charcoal which I prefer to briquettes. Less finicky than with the kettle, and bigger capacity when that’s needed. Plus it was kind of fun to build.

Weber kettle mainly fish or high-temp chicken (wings/etc with a vortex).

Weber Go Anywhere is my go-to for steaks. Or if I’m travelling and want to cook something.
I have drum as well. They are great.

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet someday the guy who buys your property will say what I say about mine: I bought a grill and it came with a house.

A home's grill is only surpassed in importance by its roof.

grill edit.jpg

Yes, that's an absurd spatula. For burgers I like to get it up to 600+ farenheit, and I look weird with no arm hair.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet someday the guy who buys your property will say what I say about mine: I bought a grill and it came with a house.

A home's grill is only surpassed in importance by its roof.

View attachment 525060
Yes, that's an absurd spatula. For burgers I like to get it up to 600+ farenheit, and I look weird with no arm hair.

Nice.

I need to get a new wok spatula. Mine is WAY too short to use with my power burner. I could barely stir my stir fry. But man, the intense heat really makes the difference in a wok. Restaurant style flavors here.

20211026_000326.jpg

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Congrats! I think that’s something every here can appreciate.