Ways to display your snare drum collection

yyUr

Reaction score
I was trying to come up with a unique way of storing my snares in my music room. The only images I can find are what seems to be the most popular type, snares on a rack similar to how tires are stored. I was trying to think of a way to use a few snare baskets mounted on a shelf or wall, kind of similar to how guitars are hung. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I split stack put small bath towels and a book or some magazines (so no wobble) between the 6 runts

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
I have a snare rack I bought ages ago at Guitar Center. Works pretty well - I've had many snares move in and out over the years, and some have taken up permanent residence there when not on a snare stand. All are welcome...

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
maybe you could use a guitar wall holder.
I drew a crappy picture but you might get the idea.
Not tested but just popped into my head when you mentioned like a guitar hanging on the wall.
Wayne
snarewall.jpg

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
IKEA 'Billy' corner unit

View attachment 522550
I've been unsuccessful on IKEA website finding additional corner shelves so if ordering try to get them at the same time. I used some plain rectangular IKEA shelves for the bottom 4, but just between the drums.

The inexpensive & ea to use kitchen raks remain popular, horizontal or vertical -

IMG_1197.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JDA

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ikea Ivar, the narrow, deep size, works well for snares stored horizontally. The wide, deep ones work for two snares on each level. I had built a tire-type rack before, but for the really nice pieces, horizontal placement seemed more appropriate. I don't have a pic, it looks similar to Richardh253's version. The old IKEA controversy: Billy or Ivar ;)

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I display my BB like this. Galvanized flange and elbow and a couple nipples from Home Depot, make certain that it goes into a stud, then attach a snare basket with a multi clamp. Works pretty well, and the mounting options are very flexible.

IMG_9254.jpg

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
display for who the cat or I guess yourself or neighbors friends and family I'm sure they are breathless gazing at....question mentalstability

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been unsuccessful on IKEA website finding additional corner shelves so if ordering try to get them at the same time. I used some plain rectangular IKEA shelves for the bottom 4, but just between the drums.

The inexpensive & ea to use kitchen raks remain popular, horizontal or vertical -

View attachment 522551

I'd pull that Premier snare and you wouldn't even know it was gone; top left; I'd replace with a photoshop pic ; )

My it looks interesting only close to one once...and it was heavier than I was thinking it would be iirc

Something on the bottom looks nice too the black and and gold 2nd from right

WHAT is That? Richard?
Is that what I think it is. Omg. wow.

Last edited:

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The best way is to use them at gigs. I can't imagine paying for a drum that's "too good" for a stage.

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The kit I have set up collects enough dust, so I keep all other drums in bags/cases.

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd pull that Premier snare and you wouldn't even know it was gone; top left; I'd replace with a photoshop pic ; )

My it looks interesting only close to one once...and it was heavier than I was thinking it would be iirc

WHAT is That? Richard?
Thanks - sorry to say most of those were sold in 2019 when we were downsizing and headed to an apt. But i enjoyed collectin for the many years I was able. The Premier was a treat of a drum. Everything they say about Premiers, chroming, it's all true! The bottom shelf second from right was a Gretsch 6.5x14 from Maxwells - gold hardware, and I forget the name of the wrap - a black wrap with flecks of glitter in it. I can't recall which Gretsch series it was, I think USA custom.

1634067493721.png

IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0230.JPG

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

WHAT is That? Richard?
Part 2...also mostly sold off in 2019....
IMG_1198.JPG

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine’s not very unique but it is functional. Black plastic shelf from Walmart (very sturdy), black poster board cut in half for spacers:

F752AC70-604B-471F-B63C-0A9C8F83042E.jpeg

yyUr

Reaction score
Thanks all. Some great ideas with some amazing collection's