WEBMASTERS - Suggestion for the site

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
When posting a link, in a message, I've noticed the word associated with the link, comes out quite light. Almost invisible.
For instance, here's a link to my latest posting.
Can you see what I wrote in the link?
I almost can't and I'm sure there's others here that can't either.
Would it be possible to use a darker colour, so as to make the link stand out better?.....please?
Thank you for your time.

Elvis

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I've noticed that as well. Good call...

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
It is possible to get whatever color you want. But it is clumsy.

Cymbal Wiki Paiste Serial Numbers click here
If you're referring to using the "color" BB code, it doesn't seem to work in the "general" thread.
Tried it a few times but the url still comes up that pale, almost invisible blue.
If you're referring to something else, please, enlighten us, because apparently the webmasters don't care, or at least can't be bothered to tell us there's nothing they can do about it.
Started this thread over a month ago and still no change, but worse, no communication....they used to be better about that.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
I use bbcode and it works everywhere I've used it. But if you make the slightest mistake in your typing then you get the pale blue. Slightest mistake includes failure to use a proper color constant and failure to have matching color= and /color tags. You may also be trying to use the bbcode nested inside some other set of tags where it is not allowed, or just not getting the syntax quite right. Since I can't see exactly what you are typing in the raw (unparsed) state I can't tell. :dontknow:

I'm afraid I can't help you much more than this. You are on your own. That's because the way the editor window works on here it immediately grabs what you type and changes it, so I can't give proper examples. I'm used to an implementation of bbcode which includes the [noparse] tag so that you can give examples without the parser changing them. No such tag here that I've found so far. There also used to be a choice of which type of editor you used so you could switch off the parsing that way. I haven't been able to find that control in the last few months. The only thing I've just spotted in the rightmost button (a gear: which usually means adjust settings) and it is a bbcode toggle. That helps you get your syntax sorted, but isn't a proper solution for giving examples to somebody else. But I can use that bbcode toggle to quote your post and change the color to red (see next post).

I can't check on what you mean when you say "general" thread, although your sentence doesn't make sense to me so that might be the problem. Do you mean General Forum (as in a different Forum?). Do you mean "doesn't work in the general case"? Accuracy is everything in typing bbcode and in error reporting.

Last edited:

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
When posting a link, in a message, I've noticed the word associated with the link, comes out quite light. Almost invisible.
For instance, here's a link to my latest posting.
Can you see what I wrote in the link?
I almost can't and I'm sure there's others here that can't either.
Would it be possible to use a darker colour, so as to make the link stand out better?.....please?
Thank you for your time.

Elvis
Using the gear button to toggle off bbcode I can see what you typed and modify it to red. Having to do that yourself doesn't address the choice of light blue as the default. That fix requires getting the attention of the moderators and/or the owner so the person who maintains the site settings changes a line of code.

Last edited:

Latest posts