header.nohb.html

Welcome, Sub (Update)

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
My rock band has rehearsal scheduled every Monday night here at my house. Works well for me, since everybody else lives a long way from me, and it saves me moving drums. Also, everyone's a long way from everyone else, so my place is relatively central, and it's just a good compromise.

As it happens, we have a gig this Saturday at a venue we've played before. I have a previously scheduled outing with another band, and the rock band has got a sub. So, only half joking, I suggested that the sub come to rehearsal and I'll make coffee and kibbitz. Imagine my surprise when the rest of the band decided that is a good idea. So I sent word that all he needs to bring is sticks but is welcome to bring anything else that will make him comfortable.

I didn't mention that my left knee is out of whack at the moment, so this works out well for everyone. Now, where did I put my kibbitzing shirt?

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
Everybody left about an hour ago. It went well, actually. I showed the drummer the intro to one of our originals and then went to my room, listened, and stayed away. He seemed a little tentative at first, but relaxed pretty quickly. I came out once when the guitarist was having trouble with when to start a lick, but that was it.

At the end of the night they decided to have another rehearsal before the gig on Saturday, so we'll do it again Thursday night.

DB-66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Total class move. I hope to be as good of a person when I find myself in a similar situation.